From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand slows down while running in loop or large Project

While performing Tests with more than 250 Test Steps Teststand slows increasingsly down. At Loop= 0 the loop time is ~40ms. At Loop = 1000 the Loop Time is 350 ms increasing exponentially. I suppose this is because of the datalogging. When i switch off datalogging the loop time remains stable.
So what we did is: moving the Datalog per step to an sql server and performing Report.Reset at the end of the report sequence.
Why doesnt that help ?

Regards, Hacky
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,048 Views)

Hi,

It maybe due to the Locals.ResultList filling up, try clearing this as well when you  reset your report.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,033 Views)
Hell Ray,
just to feedback my results.
There is a slow down of Teststand x.x when performing lot of test steps with reporting on.
In TS 3.x you can increase performance dramatically by performing a few selections in
the Configure - Report Options.

[X] on the fly reporting
[X] Conserve Memory and only display latest Results
(o) DLL faster but .......

But one must recognize, that this features are only available if Report is ASCII or HTML.
If one switches Report to XML, the checkbox  "Conserve Memory and only display latest Results"
will be disabled.
On the fly reporting without these options wouldn't solve the Problem.

Regards, Hacky 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,004 Views)

Thanks for your input on this topic! I got rid of the 'On the fly reporting' thing in my tests and my execution time drastically improved even on XML reporting format.

Anuj

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,985 Views)