From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand is deploying lavbview 7.1 and not 7.1.1

I can make an installer in Labview 7.1.1 and this installs and works on a "clean" machine. I make a Teststand installer and install this on the target machine I get a message.

"Executable version (7.1.1) doesn't match resource file (7.1). Check your configuration"

The labview application now displays the same message when it is launched. I then reinstall the application and both teststand and the application now work.

I guess the version of labview deployed by teststand is wrong.

(I'm using the simple labview "teststand operator Interface")

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,779 Views)

Billy,

You are correct, there is a version problem.  In the TestStand directory there is a file:

Redist\lvruntimeeng71.msm

TestStand 3.1 ships the 7.1 version because 7.1.1 was not released when TestStand 3.1 released.

When you upgraded LabVIEW to 7.1.1, the LabVIEW file is updated but the TestStand file is not.

You can fix it by installing LabVIEW 7.1.1 renaming TestStand 3.1\Redist\lvruntimeeng71.msm

and then copying LabVIEW 7.1\applibs\distkit\redist\modules\lvruntime.msm to TestStand 3.1\Redist\lvruntimeeng71.msm

Note that the file names are different because TestStand supports installing several LabVIEW runtime engines.  As you have discovered the LabVIEW 7.1.1 runtime engine can not co-exit with the LabVIEW 7.1 runtime engine.

-Rick Francis

Message 2 of 6
(3,759 Views)

Rick,

I am having a similiar problem.  I get the same error message when I try opening Digital Waveform Editor.  Is the solution the same?  If it is the same, what do you rename TestStand 3.1\Redist\lvruntimeeng71.msm file to?  And do you copy 7.1LabVIEW 7.1\applibs\distkit\redist\modules\lvruntime.msm to replace TestStand 3.1\Redist\lvruntimeeng71.msm or just put it with it?

Thanks

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,666 Views)

Brian,

I suspect it is the same underlying problem, I suggested renaming the TestStand 3.1\Redist\lvruntimeeng71.msm file in case you ever need to have the 7.1.0 RTE.  A good file name would be lvruntimeeng710.msm.  Once the file is renamed copy LabVIEW 7.1\applibs\distkit\redist\modules\lvruntime.msm to TestStand 3.1\Redist\lvruntimeeng71.msm and rebuild the installer that included the TestStand engine.   The new installer will include version 7.1.1 of the LabVIEW runtime engine.   Uninstall the old installer and install the new installer.   If the problem persists, post again and we can work on it further.

-Rick Francis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,658 Views)
How do you "rebuild the installer that included the TestStand engine" and "Uninstall the old installer and install the new installer"?

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,633 Views)
Brain,

The original poster did not have errors on their development system.   They created an installer using the deployment utility and installed it on another system and then they saw errors.  If you are seeing this error on the development system then it is from a different cause.    You may want to start another thread and include the  details of how to reproduce the error. 

-Rick

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,614 Views)