From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand Sequence Editor has stopped working

I get the following message and error code when running my sequence file. This sequence files works ok on another machine. It is a display message to the screen for user input. Software version is 4.2.1

Teststand Sequence Editor has stopped working. 

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: seqedit.exe

Problem Signature 02: 4.2.1.83

Problem Signature 03: 4af027d1

Problem Signature 04: PresentationFramework

Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4f350630

Problem Signature 07: 6263

Problem Signature 08: e1

Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,043 Views)

Does example sequences provided by TestStand (<TestStand/examples/>) run properly?

If yes, please give information on differences of those systems, e.g. OS (32/64bit), report settings, ...

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,026 Views)

@Kingme wrote:

I get the following message and error code when running my sequence file. This sequence files works ok on another machine. It is a display message to the screen for user input. Software version is 4.2.1

Teststand Sequence Editor has stopped working. 

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: seqedit.exe

Problem Signature 02: 4.2.1.83

Problem Signature 03: 4af027d1

Problem Signature 04: PresentationFramework

Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4f350630

Problem Signature 07: 6263

Problem Signature 08: e1

Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Do your code modules use System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse? Is the process close to running out of memory (i.e. over 1GB of memory used)? Do you have any DLLImprorts (if C#) or any native code (i.e. C/C++) being called by your sequences? Does the error happen every time you run? Always on the same step? If so, what is that step doing? Have you tried to debug the process?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,012 Views)

Doug,

The step that fails is in the process model and fails ever time. The steps is a call to a .NET module which is generically a user input dialog box. I do not have access to the source for the .NET dll. Memory is not an issue. I have verified the process model works on another computer and that my configuration seems to be the same as on the working computer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,007 Views)

Does your .NET module perhaps require .NET 4 or newer, what version of .NET is it compiled for? If so you need a seqedit.config file specifying to use .NET 4.

Also, you might want to check Windows Update to see if there are some patches for the .NET framework that you haven't installed yet.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,997 Views)