From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand Report Comment

Is it possible to write a comment to the datasheet in the middle of a block?

The only way I found to do this is a "no comparison" numeric limit test.  This is close to what I need, but I would like to add the comment and have no pass/fail or value information... just a comment.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,923 Views)
doranwa -

Using an statement step type would be even closer to what you are looking for.  Since the statement step type also has result information associated with it, you can set the report text within the statement expression itself.

Example:  In your sequence file, create a new statement step.  Edit the expression of the statement, and set it to Step.Result.ReportText = "Comment text" .  Under the statement properties, make sure that the statement is set to report results (it should be by default).

Now when you run a single pass, you should see the "Comment text" in the report result information.  Unfortunately, this step also reports "done" as the status.  This is because the last part of the step execution order is to update the Status Expression.  This update status expression execution cannot be avoided.

Even with that small caveat, I think the statement step type is your best option here.

Let me know if this helps!

Regards,
Andrew W || Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Message 2 of 3
(2,891 Views)

Andrew,

This seems to be working relatively well.  I can now get comments to the datasheet.  It's unfortunate that I can't remove the "Status" field.  But, I can live with it.

Thanks for your help!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,856 Views)