NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand OI

Hello,

I've built a VI which captures events from a third-party software.

When one of these event fire I have a case structure which needs to run a specific TestStand sequence with several input parameters and to receive the output message from this sequence.

The simple OI found in TestStand example library is an "overkill" for my purpose.

I have built the attached VI which loads TS engine->login->load sequence file->load sequence.

The problem is that this VI doesn't execute the loaded sequence.

I have also tried to use the testexec.exe to load and run the sequence as follows:

TestExec.exe -run MainSequence C:\Users\gigasv01\Desktop\TestStandPlugin\QD980\QD980_rx.seq -SilentMode -exportlog:C:\Users\gigasv01\Desktop\TestStandPlugin\QD980\RunRes.mht -quit

Using this command line interface the sequence is executed properly but I still get the user login message and the execution doesn't quit when completed.

I prefer to use the first method I mentioned (VI for calling the TS sequence), but the command line will answer my needs if the login message can be suppressed and the execution will quit+capturing the sequence result.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,409 Views)

Hi,

When you do this from TestStand, instead of LabVIEW, it's a lot easier:

"run a specific TestStand sequence with several input parameters and to receive the output message from this sequence."

You could do this if your VI which captures events from a third-party software simply translated the events into messages sent to TestStand. Inside of TestStand you would have a thread that listened for those messages and then created executions with the sequence call step. This is easier to debug too because you can run it in the TestStand Sequence Editor. I can send a simple example of this if you're interested.

cc

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,395 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I have solved the issue by performing the following steps:

1. Add windows user to the TestStand user manager and set automatic login with this user

2. User a built in exe.vi to run the command line: fullpath\TestExec.exe /run SequenceName SequenceFullPath\SequenceFile.seq /quit

3. Add a text file output step in the sequence which exports the results of every run to this text file which then is parsed for results.

I do think that what you propose is a more elegant solution but I have little experience with creating TestStand treads to listen for the events in the VI.

Please send me the example you mentioned with this TestStand-LabVIEW events exchange mechanism.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,392 Views)