From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand Error -17000 Out of memory

Hi Everybody,

I am using Testand 2013 and sometimes (1 times a day, after 3-4 h of running tests) it runs out of memory (errorcode -17000).

I have a ATP sequence file which contains roundabout 40 (slim) sequences which call LV(2013) code modules populated as precompiled libs which do the hardware access for example. 

We use the BatchProcess Model WITHOUT OTF-reporting. Our custom report is generated within the overridden TestReport-callback at the end of each UUT-run by evaluation the MainSequence-Results. We do not use the BatchReport which is automatically generated by Teststand.

I tried to analyze the cause i the following order:

- I checked the memory usage with the Systernals process explorer -->the memory usage increases steadily

- I disabled the batch-report creation because we do not need it and Teststand appends the report for every batch. After this action I had no more problems for a few weeks?!

(like described here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/How-do-I-disable-batch-report-in-the-batch-model/td-p/238387 I skipped the function in NI_ReportGenerator.seq and reportgen_atml.seq)

Unfortunally the error occured again now.

Does anybody have ideas or can help?

I would also like to trace the memory usage  of my Labview code to check if there are some bugs increasing memory usage. I tried to use the Desktop Execution TK but I do not know how to use it with PPL-populated code modules loaded by Teststand. I works fine when calling VIs o a normal LV-project, but when Teststand loaded PLL I cannot choose the ApplicationInstance within the DETK-UI

Are there any compile settings in the LV-project or within the DETK I have to change? Or could maybe the Performance & Memory Profiler help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,699 Views)

old thread and unanswered so i will respond with somethign similar that happened to me.

i had a similar problem, reporting on the FLY  but my memory kept increasing. I tried many things like reducing array sizes, clusters a graph... none of it worked...

Then i found out about the NI utility NI Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit.

I found my problem with it... I was not closing a reference so labview kept opening a reference each time my VI on loop in testand was called..

when you stop loging on the Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit it will show you all the reference that were not closed..

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,926 Views)

Hi buton,

Thanks for replying my post and the tipps... I already did some tests with the DETT. The problem I had was that in LV2013 the DETT wasnt able to handle the precompiled library which we use for populating the codemodules I call from Teststand. But with the LV2015 DETT that works pretty well and I am very curious to do some tests immediatly when the production give me the chance to allocate the hardware 😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,890 Views)