cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing a labview code on teststand

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

i wrote a VI that works with a mydaq to measure voltage. the VI is working well but when i upload it to run a numeric test on teststand, it does not record the output. everytime i run the test, it gives me the output as zero. Again, when i upload my VI into teststand, it says "no vi description" . i don't know if this is why i cannot get an output. please help. i'll upload my vi below.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,201 Views)

What is your adapter set to?  Go to Configure>>Adapters...  and then select the LabVIEW adapter and click the Configure... button.  For now I would use the Development System. 

Can you take a screenshot of the VI Description not showing in TestStand?  I'd like to see what you have the module and path set to.

Thanks,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,179 Views)

Hi,

Most likely is that the VI return parameter is not setting Step.Result.Numeric...

Can you take a screenshot of the Step Settings >> Module tab?

Regards,

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,174 Views)

Taking a look at the VI you attached, the reason it says "no vi description' is because there is indeed no description for this VI. If you give the VI a description (File » VI Properties » Documentation), it will show up.

You'll also need to wire up the connector pane to pass parameters to and from this VI. Like Charlie mentioned, you should pass the result to Step.Result.Numeric and also the error to Step.Result.Error.

I recommend reading through the getting started resources for TestStand and DAQmx before you start developing code.

Good luck,

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
Message 4 of 7
(4,162 Views)

it does not load the parameter information. i don't know why

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,143 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rashdura

Your VI does not have anything connected to the connector pane.  You need to connect your controls and indicators to the connector pane.

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvconcepts/building_connector_pane/

Hoe this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,136 Views)

Thank you very much. that answered everything i needed

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,118 Views)