NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand won't load vi in runtime

Okay. One of my options is to switch TestStand and LabVIEW versions but I wanted to at least get some anecdotal evidence that that works before I go through the trouble of migrating all of our source control to new versions.

Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,371 Views)

I am seeing the same issues with recent PPLs but not with older one. I’ve recompiled, all malfunctioning PPL, but still my TestStand Api burps for not finding classes inside PPLs in a relative path on a teststand sequence. Such a headache!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(687 Views)

Hi,

Can you post a sample ppl that shows the problem? Also, what version of TS are you using?

Regards,

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(677 Views)

Hi Anand,

I've attached a PPL that shows this problem, along with a Main sequence and the sub sequence that makes actual use of the PPL.

To give you some context, I am running a LabVIEW executable that embeds a TestStand API. While of course in the development environment all works fine, changing my TestStand adapter to use the LabVIEW RT is were most of the problems bubble up. I've tried running different  previously built PPLs and no problem is observed, none but for a particular PPL, the one attached.

Below also the error log entry for this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/26/2019 21:37:16 Error -17208 occurred at Exception occured in TSAPI: Error calling sequence Test UUTs.
Error loading step 'Init plc' of sequence 'MainSequence' in file 'Main Experimental.seq'.
Error loading step 'Init' of sequence 'Init' in file 'PLC Exp.seq'.
Could not find member 'Initialize.vi' in LabVIEW Class '..\..\VIs\Instruments\PLC.lvlibp\PLC.lvclass'.
TestStand was unable to access the LabVIEW class member:
'Initialize.vi'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sequence uses relative path to the lvlibp, but it prompts for the error above, other PPLs not as recent as this one, run fine as the program finds them in this relative path. The problem is mostly when TestStand attempts to load the sequence.

My LV version is 18.0f2 (64-bit)

TestStand version is 2017 (17.0.0.184, 64-bit)

LV RT 18.0.1 (2018 SP 1 f4)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(667 Views)

Hi, 

We looked at the files, unfortunately it is missing dependencies that are defined in Configuration.lvlibp.  

Can you post the source of the PPL and all its dependencies? If you cannot post it in the forums can you create a example that shows the same issue?

Thank you 

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(646 Views)

Hi Anand,

try it with these PPLs. They show the same condition. Camera is dependent on Configuration. Last I tried was opening each of these classes at their source, mass compiling them, then create PPLs again, but strangely I keep getting the error where TestStand in the effort of trying to find members of these classes (i.e. Camera class) would seem to be unaware of where they exist.

Thanks for looking into this.

-J

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(624 Views)