From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand with CANoe

I have to do some automatic tests with TestStand by sending/receiving CANoe frames. Is it possible ? Is it possible to call some CAPL CANoe routines ? If yes, how to do ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,743 Views)

I believe CANoe uses ActiveX for its one of it's interfaces so you would use the ActiveX adapter to communicate with it in TestStand.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,728 Views)

Hi sfla,

You may use the Vector.CANoe.Interop.DLL this is .net assembly. With it you are able to do your mentioned tasks.

In may case i a have simple .net Wapper around the Canoe.Interop.Dll. because inside it there some events and of course

exceptionHandlers. To manage this i perfered C# instead TS.net types. The Wrapper offers just a few functions, like Start/Stop Canoe,

read and write Signals,System- and Environmentvariables, running Capl and Testfunctions, to Teststand.

Hope this helps

Juergen  

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,723 Views)

Hi.

I tried to use the Vector.CANoe.Interop.DLL on labview using the "call library function node" but i cannot get a list of the functions of the library.

Im using labview 2012 and have CANoe 8.1.

Im just exploring automation possibilities for my projects, we use teststand, labview and CANoe. For example know in LabVIEW when an event in CANoe is triggered. Or call CAPL funcions from labview. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,051 Views)

Hey AELmx,

It sounds like your issue is more related to CANoe and LabVIEW than it is to TestStand. To make sure your question is seen by users familiar with those topics, I would recommend posting to the Industrial Communications forum, which focuses more on CAN communication.

Thanks and good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,020 Views)

Hi AELmx,

i did my Teststand/Canoe interface by using c#. for this is working well.

So if you are using LabView there are 2 ways.

1.) using the CANoes Active-x Object in LabView (Same way i did)

2.) using the CANoes AddOn LabView Interface, were you have .vi's for Read/Write Signals/SystemVaribales and much more.

(which i would use on LabView)

just open CANoe's help and search for LabView Interface.

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,006 Views)

Hi

I have recently been asked about TestStand and CAnoe.

Sometimes you have to use events from CANoe, so I have decided years ago to use a C# wrapper.  

Now in 2018 (and little bit of more knowledge) I am wondering is that really necessary?

No! - if you use the TestStand .net Event Handler Step type.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/TestStand-NET-Event-Handler-Step-Types/ta-p/3527170

With it you can implement CANoe Interop events directly in TestStand.  

I have attached examples that Open/Runs/Stop/Closes Canoe

Best Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Download All
Message 7 of 10
(5,940 Views)

Hello

Do you have the Vector.CANoe.Interop.dll file? I can't find it in internet.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,695 Views)

Hi,
it is typically located:
C:\Program Files\Vector CANoe YOURVERSION_\Exec32

Best regards

Juergen

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,621 Views)

Hello

I was wondering if there is any method or function in vector.interop dll that allow me to do the channel mapping in ethernet connection in CANoe. 

for example select the Ethernet1 HW. Someone know any way to selected in automatic?

test.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,564 Views)