NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand report filter out begin end sub sequences

How can I filter the test report to get rid of the information regarding a sub sequence call such as 'Begin' and 'End' of the sub sequence from the report. All I want in the report is the actual passed/failed result of the actual test only and not any info on the sub sequence call as it justs makes a mess of the report.  I get a mess:

------------------------------------------------------------

sub call 1:                    Failed

Begin Sequence: subb_1
   (C:\temp\sdhSequence File 2.seq)

sub 1 actual Pass/Fail Test:   Failed

End Sequence: subb_1

sub call 2:                    Failed

Begin Sequence: subb_2
   (C:\temp\sdhSequence File 2.seq)

sub 2 actual Pass/Fail Test:   Failed

End Sequence: subb_2

--------------------------------------------------------------

All I want is:

sub 1 actual Pass/Fail Test:   Failed

sub 2 actual Pass/Fail Test:   Failed

TestStand 12

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,414 Views)

Hi, 

Does the following link help solve your problem?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052H-01/tssuppref/infotopics/excluding_results/

Regards, 

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,378 Views)

The NI link does not fully explain how to get rid of the XML annoying sub 'sequence call' steps whilst still leaving the actual tests within them alone.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,318 Views)

Hi stevesteve, 

As far as I can tell, it may be possible to do what you're asking through altering the xml stylesheet, however I'm not familiar with xsl and can't find anything that would suggest how to do this. Would it be possible to exclude any passed steps using the link NASmith provided? Or would this remove more than just the sub sequence calls as you're asking?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,279 Views)

The NI link is poor; it does not fully explain how to get rid of the XML annoying sub 'sequence call' steps whilst still leaving the actual tests within them alone.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,275 Views)

Hi stevesteve,

I've found some information that may be useful for you, it looks like you can remove the Begin and End sequence from the stylesheet by commenting out the relevant lines. These are:

Begin Sequence: <xsl:value-of select="Prop/Prop[@Name='TS']/Prop[@Name='SequenceCall']/Prop[@Name='Sequence']/Value"/>

and 

End Sequence: <xsl:value-of select="Prop/Prop[@Name='TS']/Prop[@Name='SequenceCall']/Prop[@Name='Sequence']/Value"/>

To filter out sequence calls themselves, it appears to be based on the previous link of excluding results but then altering the ResultList template as well. As I don't fully understand this part I don't want to try and explain it incase I cause any errors. Instead, attached is an example stylesheet that should have the functionality you're asking for. 

If you would like I can try to explain the results filtering as best as I can.

Regards, 

Henry

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,230 Views)