NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand "Installation" Issues

I have Test Stand 3.5 installed on my system.  Everything is working fine with TestStand.  In the past few days though it's starting to insist that I "install" TestStand on the opening of some applications.  I've seen it happen when I open an instant messaging program and a CAD program.  It will pop up saying that TestStand is trying to insatll, ask for the CD, and then after doing its thing the application (app that has nothing to do with Test Stand or NI in general) opens perfectly fine. 

There don't seem to be any problems other than the annoyance of this.  I was just wondering if anyone else out there has ever experienced a similar type problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,842 Views)
Bob,

I have seen something similar and this resolved the issue on my machine.  I have solved it by copying a few files into different directories.  On my machine, they were found in C:\Windows\System32, but they may be somewhere else on yours.

msxml4.dll needs to be copied to:
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.MSXML2_6bd6b9abf345378f_4.20.9818.0_x-ww_8ff50c5d

msxml4r.dll needs to be copied to:
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.MSXML2R_6bd6b9abf345378f_4.1.0.0_x-ww_29c3ad6a

Allen P.
NI
Message 2 of 4
(2,834 Views)
Thank you for the advice.  I am no longer seeing the "install" windows popping up when I open other applications.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,808 Views)
Bob,

I'm trying to track down the cause of this problem.  Do you remember anything about when it starting occuring in terms of software you installed?  Did you have TestStand installed a while ago, and then installed something new?  Or did you install something else first, then install TestStand?

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,805 Views)