From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand override report options for one sub-sequence

I have a TestStand sequence that calls 17 sub-sequences. I have the Report Options "Result Filtering Expression" set to "Exclude Passed/Done/Skipped". I am using TXT reports.
I want to override the Results Filtering report option for one of my sub-sequences (Voltage Test). I have included the ReportOptions Callback in the Voltage Test sub-sequence. The callback contains a statement that sets "Parameters.ReportOptions.ResultFilterExpression = "True"". The sub-sequence test results are still not appearing in the Report. I see no place in the TestStand documentation where the arguments for the "Parameters.ReportOptions.ResultFilterExpression" are listed. What am I doing wrong?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,406 Views)
Hi,

You will need to change to on the fly reporting.
But its still not that simple because ReportOptions gets called once. So you will have to change the Local copy of the ReportOptions in the Process Model Entry Point Sequence as you go into the required sequence call  and store the options as before you leave the sequence call.

Otherwise you will have to modify the reportgen_txt.seq file for the conditions you require.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,383 Views)
Thanks, Ray. I am using on-the-fly reports. I have over-ridden the ReportOptions Callback for the Voltage test sub-sequence to allow reporting of All results, then I over-rode the ReportOptions for the next sub-sequence to restore the original setting. I believe that's what you are recommending. It's still not working.

What are the valid arguments for Parameters.ReportOptions.ResultFilterExpression? From what I have observed using breakpoints, the argument for "All results" is "true". What is the argument for "Skip Passed/Done/Skipped"?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,381 Views)
Hi,

Can you post a simple example sequencefile of what you are doing.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,378 Views)
Here are two sequences: the Voltage test sequence, which has the ReportOptions callback over-ridden to allow reporting, and the Clock Distribution Test Sequence, which restores the "Exclude Passed/Done/Skipped" option.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,376 Views)
Hi

I have changed the attached sequencefile for the following in the ReportOptions

Parameters

.ReportOptions.ResultFilterExpression = "Result.Status != \"Passed\" && Result.Status != \"Done\" && Result.Status != \"Skipped\""

One tip,
to get the correct syntax for the ReportOptions, place a break point in the ReportOptions. Before executing the Sequence File, setup the required parameter in the Configure | Report Options. Run the Single Pass, when it stops at the break point, you can then copy the contents of the required parameter.

Regards
Ray  Farmer

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 10-12-2006 09:24 PM

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 6 of 7
(4,363 Views)

Hi,

Another way to find out what the actual text in the Configure | Report Options dialog is

Take the Result Filtering Expression control, if you actually click in the control the text changes from

All Results    to    True, and  for

Exclude Passed/Done/Skipped    to     Result.Status != "Passed" && Result.Status != "Done" && Result.Status != "Skipped"

Regards

Ray Farmer

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 10-12-2006 09:43 PM

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,358 Views)