NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand installation directory

I have multiple customers here who installed TestStand on their machines. I have found that when TesStand is installed, it either gets installed with this directory structure: D:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\TestStand 3.1....., or with this directory structure: D:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\.....

Is that an error in NI installation process which is making another TestStand 3.1 folder inside the TestStand 3.1 folder? It is important for me to have all my customers have the same directory structure because I give them a batch file to run which copies files like MyTypes.ini. and the batch file obviously crashes if I assumed one directory structure and the machine has something else.

Any comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Anuj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,774 Views)
Hi Anuj,

The TestStand installer creates a <TestStand 3.1> subdirectory in whatever directory you specify during the install. By default, this specified directory should be
C:\Program Files\National Instruments

The additional TestStand 3.1 directory you are seeing could be a result of the person installing the software specifying D:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1
in the installation dialog, not realizing the TestStand 3.1 directory would be created by the installer without need of specifying this.

The best way to ensure that only one directory is being created is to double check that D:\Program Files\National Instruments is the directory specified during installation. The installer will only create 1 TestStand 3.1 directory.

Hope this helps Anuj, let us know if you have any more questions.
Dan Weiland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,753 Views)