NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand deployment of source code

Hi mrbean,

Sorry I miss-read your response.

You can use the LoadPanel because everything is contained within the DLL. I hope I haven't got this wrong, as I understand your setup, its not your testexec that needs to know where to go when you press on the shutdown button. Your Button has a callback function defined in the uir, which is contained in the DLL. Therefore everything is happening within the DLL.

This example may help.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(861 Views)
Ray,

I downloaded the example (.zip) and read the readme, but I'm encountering a problem. I open the ModalDialog.seq in TestStand and execute (F5) the sequence. However, no matter what I do, LabWindows/CVI comes up and instead of the ModalDialog.prj, my current app comes up, and TestStand displays an error message saying "Error loading step 'DisplayModalPanel' of sequence MainSequence. I've tried unloading all modules then re-opening the sequence. I've tried having the ModalDialog.prj open prior to opening the .seq file. Anyway, I can't execute the seq. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(858 Views)
Hi Matt,

Thanks a bit of a problem!!:(

I have download the zip file and double click on the sequencefile to launch it in the SeqEditor. Presses F5 and success:)

Have you unzip this in a seperate folder? Try ensure you haven't got any other ModalDialog.dll in the windows system folder that it might be getting confussed with.

Try unselecting any folders assoicated with your project in the TestStand Configure | Search Directories...

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(844 Views)