NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand create different object for singleton class

Hi all,
we have a singleton class which has some functions used to do testing a harware.

Our main Exe will create an object for that singleton class(which opens Com1 port and communicate with hardware). so the Exe will do basic communication test with hardware it is working well. We are using Teststand operator interface to do various testing by using sequence files. Main exe will use teststand usercontrols to execute tests when the user clicks Testbutton. after that, teststand try to create an object for that singleton but it returns new object not the existing one which is created by EXE. So it throwing me exeception "Com1 port access denied." (since we created object for signleton class @ very first in EXE)

My question is Since that teststand runs in a separate Appdoamin will the singltonclass create separate object for different appdomain? if so is there any solution to reslove this?
Hope i clearly explained my probs.
Thanks in advance
Srini 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,611 Views)
Hi Srini,

How are you calling the executable?  From a Call Executable step?  Or are you using another means of calling it?   Also, why is TestStand trying to recreate the object?  As long as you have the correct handle to the object I don't think it matters what app domain you are in.

Regards,
jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,590 Views)