NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand can't find subVIs with Labview RTE

Solved!
Go to solution

It seems that I have missed something along the way.  Are you telling me that you have 3 PCs?  One with TestStand Dev.  One with LabVIEW dev and one deployment PC?

How are you doing the LabVIEW deployment if you don't have the dev on there?

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(1,964 Views)

If you have a PC with TestStand and LabVIEW Development installed (as jigg I am not 100% sure on that), then I would first use that PC and set the LV adapter in TS to LV Runtime Engine and try whether the sequence still runs as expected (I often had problems with search path and the like when switching to LV RTE). If that does not work solve the issue on this PC.

TT

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(1,948 Views)

Read my first Post. I have 2 PC. PC1 is Teststand dev PC, PC2 is Labview dev PC. The question is how should I use the VIs which created in PC2 in Teststand(PC1).

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(1,931 Views)

Yeah I guess I didn't get that out of your first post.  Sorry.  My bad.

This is a very odd and rare situation.  I don't understand how you can create steps in TestStand to call VIs which don't exist on the PC?  That doesn't make sense to me.

Generally people have a development PC with all dev environments and a deployment PC which they execute their code with a TestStand deployment license.

So I'm curious why you can't install the LV dev environment on the TestStand dev pc?  You could install it as an eval and then you'll get the LV hierarchy with vi.lib and all that.  You don't have to license it but the VIs will be there.

It looks like your other option would be some sort of source distribution using LabVIEW.  I'm not sure if that pulls all the native VIs in or not.  That would have to be something you would need to play around with.  The other problem here is that you are doing a source distribution but for the run time environment.  So not sure if the LV tools will re-link the VIs like the TestStand deployment utility does.  Maybe you could ask someone over on the LV forums about that.

Anyhow, just an FYI- NI allows you to install and use your license on up to 3 PCs if that license is user based.  So if they aren't computer based licenses then I'd just install both dev environments on both PCs.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(1,923 Views)

I think I got your point. Just like you said, I would need to distribute the source files from my Labview PC in this point of view. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(1,916 Views)

You need to build a Packed Project Library in LabVIEW and copy that over to your TestStand PC.  The Packed library contains all the VIs needed.

Kelly Bersch

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(1,907 Views)

kelly,

Thanks for the suggestion. Packed library is new for me, I will try later on to see how it works. Will let you know.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(1,904 Views)

Hi Kelly,

I tried to build the packed library and call the vi from TestStand, but I got the run time error in TestStand and software closed. You can see the error in attached file.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(1,889 Views)

Could you attach the packed library that reproduces the problem or give us a bit more information in order to help you fix the issue? 

Thanks!

- Francisco

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(1,801 Views)

This is the one. Acutally it just includes a simple string test vi.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(1,793 Views)