From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand and MS Jet Engine Conflict

I have a MSVC++ 6.0 project interfacing with TestStand 2.0.1. I have an object that performs database operations on an Excel file using ODBC. What I have found is that I can perform database operations and then load a sequence without a problem, but if I try to perform another database operation after the sequence file load, I get a database error. If I move all the database operations to before loading a sequence then I don't have a problem if I use ReleaseSequenceFile(). Any ideas? Thanks.
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,181 Views)
Grasshopper -
No ideas. TestStand loads and runs a sequence files when you log in to the sequence editor. What application are you using, Sequence Editor or OI? When you say that the problem only occurs after you load a file, did you successfully login? What was the error that the database call returned?
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,177 Views)
Scott,
I'm using the Sequence Editor. What does OI stand for anyway? I did successfully login. The error is that the database engine believes it can't find a table, but if a sequence wasn't loaded before the call, it can find the table. Here's the flow currently:
1. Start the App
2. Create the TestStand Engine
3. Login to TestStand
4. Perform a database call
5. Use results for other stuff ( non-TestStand related )
6. Load a sequence
7. Sequence loaded
8. Repeat 4 ( fails )
It's the same exact call except I'm looking for a different value in one of the fields. The error is that the table can't be found. It doesn't make any sense how to the two are related. Thanks.
-G-
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,167 Views)
Scott,
This may help. If a CFileDialog is created ( not even displayed, just created ) or a DisplayOpenFileDialog is created then the next ODBC call will fail. Hopefully, that will provided a starting point. Thanks.
-G-
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,162 Views)
Scott,
I got it. It didn't have anything to do with the Jet engine. Basically, when the open file dialog pops up, if the path is changed to find a sequence then the current working directory is modified. The paths I provided to the database object are all relative and thus it really couldn't find the table. Thanks for the help.
-G-
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,161 Views)
G -
I was stumped. Thanks for letting me know the cause. Sorry for the "OI", it stands for Operator Interface.
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,153 Views)