NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand and CAN20b testing.

I am in the process of developing tests for CAN20b messages.  I'll be using TestStand as the test manager and Labview vi's along with NI-CAN sw/hw to handle sending and reading the messages.  I've found some example Labview vi's for CAN testing.  Generally these example vi's show how to use ncWriteNet.vi to send CAN message data and ncReadNet.vi to read messages.  I would like to see some TestStand examples as well that pass message ids and data to the labview vi's for message transmit or receive.
Thanks.
Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,620 Views)
Hey Tim,

I have written a small example that demonstrates how to use NI-CAN with TestStand.   The main thing I would recommend is have one step that opens the CAN connection and pass the connection reference (I believe it's called an object handle in LabVIEW) back to TestStand and store it in a local variable.  You can then create several different steps that read or write using that same connection reference.  Then when you are done, make a step that closes the connection.  The example below demonstrates this.  It is built from the CAN receive.vi and the CAN Transmit - Event Based.vi from the LabVIEW example finder.  Let me know if you still have more questions.

Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,597 Views)