NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand & Labview - Defining Labview Vi Inputs

Hi all,

I'm making a generic test that has "X" amount of flow inputs and "Y" amount of pressure inputs. These vary from test to test and the user selects the amount at the beginning of the test. The other thing that I'd like the user to be able to do is select which physical input on the cRio the 0-10v signal is coming from.

Is there a way of doing this easily in TestStand or do I need to cater for this in Labview?

TIA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,812 Views)

Hi,

The easiest way of achieving this would be to have a vi called during your setup phase that allows the user to make that selection.

You would need to have the VI front panel open when called, and the physical channel or the DAQmx Task can be output to a variable in TestStand as a Type>>LabVIEW>>LabVIEWIOControl

You an then use this when you call your tests for the physical readings.

There isn't really a way to easily do it from withing TestStand itself.

Nic

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

Certified TestStand Architect Certified LabVIEW Architect

Message 2 of 5
(2,790 Views)

Thanks I'll give this a go

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,787 Views)

Hi,

I'd suggest to setup physical connection as TestStand variables values, which will then map to your device channels. Like, you have DIO with 32 DO channels, so you could index needed channel via numeric teststand variable with some reasonable name, and value which represents line index in the device - b/c that will be fixed.
And then, you code modules should be as modular as the smallest piece of device control. Like, if you want to read AI value, don't give to TestStand output array of values, but index it in LabVIEW code module based on index, and give one value on the output. The same with DI card, or DO control. Then, you can easily setup it from TestStand, it will be readable, and easily configurable - you will directly see, what your step is doing.
And then, if you have limited variation of test setup (or number/types of steps to be executed for the DUT), then you can create for each of scenario its own subsequence. And based on some config file, where you'll define pair of values "Test type -> subsequence to use", you will dynamically select what subsequence will be executed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,755 Views)

Hmm, I seem to be struggling with this. I'm new to TestStand completely and not exactly brimming with experience in LabVIEW either.

I think I should probably start with the basics: If i wanted to load a Vi from teststand, and the Vi display the voltage from Mod2 AI0 (a physical input on a cRio), how would I achieve this. It's probably down to lack of experience with LabVIEW / TestStand, but I cant see an easy way of even mapping the input channel with a fixed reference, let alone one the user can pick themselves.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,717 Views)