NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand VI sub-VI search, LV Run-Time

Hello

I post in this topic because it seems that I have the same problem as described above

I use TestStand 2013 and LabView 2013 SP1

I have a sequence whichs call VIs which call dynamically sub-VIs

When I run my sequence with LabView Run-time engine, I see a window which shows that LabView is searching for files, in vi.ib and instr.lib. I don't see this windows when I use LabView development system

My VIs use sub-vis which are located in instr.lib (device driver) and vi.lib (utilities). So it is ok if my VIs search for files in these directories. But why it is so long with LabView Run-time ?

The answers told before don't solve my problem

- Load option of steps in TS doesn't change antthing. Dynamically subVIs are loaded only at execution time

- Moving subVIs from instr.lib and vi.lib don't look a good idea at these files should be used in other projects

- Mass compile of vi.lib and instr.lib has no effect

Does anybody have an answer ?

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(918 Views)

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your post. I'd recommend compiling your VI (not just the .lib) into DLL format. This was detailed in some of the previous posts. Additionally, other ideas included having the LabVIEW development environment already open, or calling a dummy VI with the Run-Time Engine before this. Let’s make sure we've tried all of these steps. Given the activity on this particular question and the input from several engineers, I'd say these steps compose a pretty comprehensive solution; further troubleshooting may involve working more closely with your code for optimizations.

Regards,

Regards,

Kristen M

Automated Test Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(899 Views)

Hello Kirsten

For the moment, I don't change the VIs as it is given by the customer.

But, the right method is according to me to compile VI. I use lvlibp and it works well

What do you mean with 'calling a dummy VI with the Run-Time Engine' ?

Regards

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(893 Views)

Hello Laurent_B,

This forum was created back in 2007 and won't get the kind of visibility that a new forum post would. I would suggest creating a new forum post about your issue and including a link to this post so that forum users have the back story. This way your post will have much greater visibility in the forums. 

Jonathan L.
Technical Support Senior Group Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(873 Views)