cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand UI SequenceView Control background color

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

(I use LabVIEW 2013 SP1, Teststand 2014)

I would like to edit the visual properties of the TestStand UI SequenceView Control. (and specifically the background color)

I have found this Help page - http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsuiref/infotopics/seqview_proppage_font_color/

Indeed, when right clicking the control and selecting SequenceView >> Properties I am able to access some of the properties of the control in edit mode.

I also set the ApplicationMgr.UseStepListConfigurations property to False as suggested so the properties apply in Run-Mode.

What is working -

When I Removed some of the columns, the change also remains in Run-mode,

What isn't working -

When I change the background color (to blue in the attached VI), It applies only in the Edit-mode. In Run-mode it returns to the default grey color

Please open the VI attached and see that if you run it, the number of columns is 2 (in Run-mode), and when you set the ApplicationMgr.UseStepListConfigurations property to True, the number of columns (in run-mode) is 4.

Questions -

Do you know how can I make the background color apply in run-mode as well ?

Can I access the control properties programmatically ?

Amitai.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,121 Views)

Wire the control straight into a property node and use the BackColor property. 

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 3
(4,113 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aSquared

Ciao Amitai,

attached you can find your vi with the modifications I've applied.

I've placed the BackColor property in the while loop just to show that the color is changing in edit mode.

The only strange thing is that the U32 for the Back color is formatted differently that RGB: if  you take the RGB to color function you get a specific color; if you apply that color to BackColor you get the color with B and G inverted.

This is why you'll see in the VI that I've exchanged B and G values.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

A

Andrea N.
Principal Applications Engineer - Semiconductor EMEA
National Instruments Italy
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified TestStand Architect
Message 3 of 3
(4,050 Views)