NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand UI Automatic Load of Sequence File

Hello,

I am trying to modify the LabView Simple OI so that it will automatically load a specific sequence file without the need for a User to select a sequence from a pop-up window. I have done this in the past using TS 2.0 and LabWindows/CVI and a function call named TS_EngineGetSEqFile. This function basically loaded a seq file (specified as one of the function's input parameters) at which point a user could press a "start" button on the OI to start executing the loaded sequence. I am looking for the same type of operation using the TS 3.0 user interface controls and LV 7.1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,525 Views)
Newbie,

You can have a specific sequence loaded when the Simple LabVIEW OI is opened by using a shortcut to the TestExec.exe and appending the full path of the sequence to the target of the shortcut.

That is, navigate to \OperatorInterfaces\NI\Simple\LabVIEW, right-click on the TestExec.exe and select Create Shortcut. Then, right-click on the Shortcut to TestExec.exe and select Properties. In the Target field on the Shortcut tab, append the full path of the desired sequence in quotes to the target. Your target will now look something like:

\OperatorInterfaces\NI\Simple\LabVIEW\TestExec.exe” “\sequence_name.seq”

Then, when you click on the shortcut, the OI will open with sequence_name.seq already loaded and ready to run.

Regards,

Eric M
Message 2 of 7
(4,495 Views)

Well, TestStand 3.5 has come along and has introduced an error.

Using the method described inthis thread, you now get a pop-up message

"This is not a valid LabView file!"

So, what can be done to get rid of that message?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,259 Views)

Hi,

I tried Eric suggestion and it worked fine.

The only difference I put the full path to the sequence file to be loaded.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,251 Views)

It appears that there is a problem with my version of the OI. We added a second execution window and may have caused this problem. I'll get back when we find the answer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,250 Views)
ok
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,248 Views)
This issue is due to a feature of LabVIEW 8.0, not TestStand.  When building an executable in LabVIEW, you can select an option to "Pass command line arguments to application".  If this option is deselected then all command line parameters are interpreted by LabVIEW as external VIs to load.  Selecting this option will cause LabVIEW to ignore the command line parameters, which can then be used by an application including the TestStand OI.  The ApplicationMgr control will automatically interpret the command line parameters passed to the executable.

The option can be found by right clicking on the target executable in the LabVIEW Project Window and selecting Properties.  Under the Advanced item, there is a checkbox selection for "Pass command line arguments to application."

Let me know if you have further questions,

Tyler T.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,235 Views)