NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Sequence Thread Termination

I have created a Sequence which launches a VI to run in a parallel/background thread. This sequence gets called in my Main Sequence. In my Main Sequence, I'm trying to figure out how to terminate the background thread after the main sequence has completed all of its actions. The background thread has no pass/fail criteria, its is essentially a polling VI which is supposed to share a Queue which contains data telling the VI what to do.

Before trying to implement this into Teststand, I successfully created an application which launches a background VI using VI server. Using Queues, I'm able to terminate and pass data to the VI running in the background from the Main VI. I'm essentially using the same approach in Teststand with no success in being able to terminate the parallel thread. Can parallel threads use the same Queue reference?

Thanks
Peter.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,009 Views)
Hi Buzz,

Here's an example I was using awhile back to demonstate a problem. But it might help you in your solution.

The example starts a dialog panel in a new execution. The MainSequence carries on and does something else.

The user has the option to press the button on the dialog to close the new execution, or the mainsequence will come to an end then terminates the new execution.

Hope it helps

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 2
(2,999 Views)