NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Seq Editor appears during application install/uninstall

I'm using the TestStand 3.1 Deployment and when I install (uninstall) my application on the target, before it gets to the finish step, the TestStand Sequence Editor appears. I have to click cancel, then File::Exit. Then I can click Finish to complete the process and reboot. I thought I might have selected "Create Program Item" in the Installer Properties of the Distributed Files tab, but no. I'd like that annoying behavior to stop. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,952 Views)
Hello,

One option that I recommend is simply do not install the sequence editor on your deployment machine. In most situations, TestStand sequences are run from an operator interface on deployment machines so the sequence editor is usually not necessary.

To not include the TestStand sequence editor, go to the Installer Options tab of the TestStand Deployment Utility and click on the Engine Options button. Once there, you should see a check box to include the sequence editor under the Development System section. I would make sure the check box for the sequence editor is not selected.

I hope that this information helps you out.

Regards,
Kevin L.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,940 Views)
The only thing I have checked in the engine options is 'engine'.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,933 Views)
Kevin,

I was in error when I said the Sequence Editor comes up. It is just the TestStand Operator Interface that comes up.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,930 Views)
Hi Mrbean,

In the TestStand deployment Utility under the Distributed Files tab, click on your Operator Interface. You will find a checkbox called "Register as ActiveX Server" right above the "Create Program Item" box. You have this box checked, so unchecking this should solve your issue.

Hope this helps!

SijinK
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,913 Views)