From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Report functionnality

Dear TestStand gurus,

I am trying to complete a custom text based report.
So far, I have been able to override the header without any problems.

My problem is in the following:

In a the current sequence, i would like to create one report entry per loop iteration result.
    In fact, I have three nested loops. that generates a result. The report would display the name of the current sequence,
    the parameters (extracted from the loop index) and the results.

So far, I have tried the following without success.

Create a new kind of step that will trigger to add some token to be added when the test is done.
    This works good since after each test is performed I have an entry with tokens for each iterations.

My logic was to implement the callback for ModifyReportEntry and update its content with the values after each iteration.
     Unfortunately, this does not work since the callback is only called once the sequence is completed.

So, Any ideas or suggestion on how to achieve this??

Note: My next try will be to have a step at the end of the loop that will append a correct entry in a temporary file.
          The callback to ModifyReportEntry would replace the token in the report with an entry from the temp file.
          This should work but it looks like a lot of work for maybe nothing,

Note: Other possibility is to implement the sequence to generate the report as is.
          And add a special action that creates another report.

Thanks

EG       

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,022 Views)
Can the usage of a custom type be represented in a special way in the report??

Since the report is only generated at the end of the sequence using the ResultList, would it be possible to add information
in the result list for that special step. Then in the callback for reportentry to use the added information and generate the report line.

That could simply the problem??

Thanks

EG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,018 Views)

Hi Gig52,

I think you're facing the same problem I did some months before. Maybe this helps:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=8273#M8273

Regards

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,959 Views)
Gig52,

Any of the methods that Oli posted in the link above will work for your situation.  However, any field that is under the Results container of your custom step type, and has the IncludeInReport flag set to true should be included in the Report.  As mentioned, the Results container is automatically copied into the ResultList array.  However, the IncludeInReport flag must be set in order for the Report Generation to include the data.

Sometimes you can change the step type information and it does not apply to the steps of that type that are already inserted into your sequence.  You must choose to "Reset flags in all Loaded Instances of the Type".  You can always check the step data from your Sequence view by dragging the left hand bar to the right.  This reveals a tree view similar to that of the SequenceContext or Step Types view.  From here you can check the flags of your data fields.

Regards,

Tyler Tigue
NI

Message Edited by Tyler T. on 12-20-2005 09:16 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,935 Views)