NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Report Generator Needs to be More User Friendly

Can you resend the sequence in TestStand 2012. It appears to be a newer version which I can't open.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(1,641 Views)

Here it is in TS2012 and LV12.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(1,638 Views)

I was able to open the TestStand 2012. The LV file still shows it's a later version and does not open. I have LabVIEW 2012 SP 1.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(1,635 Views)

I removed the LabVIEW step and ran the TestStand sequence.

I get a Run Time error:  An exception occurred inside of the call to .NET member 'GenerateReport':
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xFFFFBC6B): Index out of range.
   at NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.API.ReportSections.get_Item(Object index)
   at NIOTFReportGenerator.CollectionStepResult.UpdateExisting(IStepResult updatedStepResultI, Boolean usingConserveMemory, ReportFileStream& tempFileStream)
   at NIOTFReportGenerator.OTFRptGenerator.GenerateReport(SequenceContext sequenceContext, String inputReportHeader, String inputReportFooter, ReportSection& mainSequenceReportSection, String& errorMessage, Double& errorCode, Boolean& errorOccurred)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(1,634 Views)

I get a Run Time Error on the TestStand sequence.

Have you tried running it?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(1,624 Views)

Yes, and it puts the report in the seqlocation\testname\ folder automatically. 

The test sequence may still be linked to the labview 2016 version. See if you can point it to the one in the MoveReportFileLV12.vi folder. That VI is the same but saved for labview 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(1,621 Views)

An exception occurred inside of the call to .NET member 'GenerateReport':
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xFFFFBC6B): Index out of range.
   at NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.API.ReportSections.get_Item(Object index)
   at NIOTFReportGenerator.CollectionStepResult.UpdateExisting(IStepResult updatedStepResultI, Boolean usingConserveMemory, ReportFileStream& tempFileStream)
   at NIOTFReportGenerator.OTFRptGenerator.GenerateReport(SequenceContext sequenceContext, String inputReportHeader, String inputReportFooter, ReportSection& mainSequenceReportSection, String& errorMessage, Double& errorCode, Boolean& errorOccurred)

Step 'Generate Report' of sequence 'ProcessOTFStepResults' in 'ReportGen_html.seq'

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(1,616 Views)

Turn off on the fly reporting.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(1,612 Views)

Okay, there's a new error.

Item is locked, protected, or in use and cannot be deleted.
Error accessing item 'ResultList'.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(1,608 Views)

Is that error occuring inside the VI? 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(1,606 Views)