cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Remote Login

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I can't seem to find the answer when doing a search on the forum; however, I would like to remote login and launch TestStand sequence. Right now, whenever I launch the sequence, TestStand would prompt the login screen.

I know that I can disable or remove the login, but how do I like login through a specific user through command prompt.

I tried using the AutoMgr option in dcomcnfg and it's still popping up. Is there an option that I'm missing?

Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,116 Views)

Update:

I found a partial solution: 

How Can I Disable User Management in TestStand?

However, this only automatically logs in a user. I want to know if it is possible to choose the login type using a command prompt.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,102 Views)

Hi b1ack1otus,

When you say choose the login type, do you mean change the user name for the login? Or is it more choosing permissions of the login?

Thanks,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,080 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pinguu

But that link is your solution, I guess.

1. Disable automatic login (it is already described in the link what you've found).
  2. From your test sequence, login via expression (also from that link):

RunState.Engine.CurrentUser = RunState.Engine.GetUser("user_name")

In practice you just need to change user names to be logged in. You can define them in config file, then read from it, and set the name what should be logged in. And if you want to use also command line for it, let that bat file change name of user to logged in.

Is this the solution what you need, or you need something else please?

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,065 Views)

Hello ShaneK,

when I say choose the login type would mean like ... if I remote login to a computer and want to launch the sequence, it would require me to login as administrator or other users we created. However, is it possible to login from the command prompt? Like choose who logs in through the command prompt?

let's say do have an executable that launches a sequence file such that the command I use to launch the exe is below:

./program.exe

Once the exe is launched and loads the sequence, it would launch the login screen. However, since I'm launching the executable remotely, I would not be able to enter the password since it is not accessible through command prompt.

Not sure if I make it any clearer. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,051 Views)

So are you suggesting that the only way for us to change the user login is through a .bat file if we want to do it remotely?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,050 Views)