NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Process Hangs on Wait Step

Hi David,

Would it be possible for you to attach your sequence file so we can try to reproduce your setup as closely as we can?  I realize that we probably won't be able to run it directly, but I'd like to inspect the file. If you would prefer not posting your file to the forum, let me know, and I will provide you my information so you can send the file to me directly.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(1,684 Views)

i have samekind of problem, is there solutions for this?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(1,623 Views)

jta,

Please help us reproduce the problem. If you have an example that reproduces the problem or can provide more details on exactly what is happening and what you are doing, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,608 Views)

Me too, same problem, prompting me to do a web search and I found this thread.  We're running tesstand 2016.

Our sequence runs 24/7 on several machines, and I just got this today.  I seem to recollect something similar happening a few years ago.  It's like teststand just does not return from the wait step, in our case it was hard coded to 2 seconds.  Has anyone at NI been able to reproduce this?  I have to kill seqedit.exe from the windows task menu to get control back.

David J.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(1,124 Views)

Wait for a reasnable solution......if oneday the same issue occurs to me.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,115 Views)

Hi david_jenkinson,

This post has not been commented on in a couple of years so I would recommend creating a new thread on the NI TestStand page here.

More community members as well as members of our R&D team will be monitoring those posts.

-cblanchard

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(1,109 Views)

Me too, same problem, prompting me to do a web search and I found this thread.  We're running tesstand 2016.

Our sequence runs 24/7 on several machines, and I just got this today.  I seem to recollect something similar happening a few years ago.  It's like teststand just does not return from the wait step, in our case it was hard coded to 2 seconds.  Has anyone at NI been able to reproduce this?  I have to kill seqedit.exe from the windows task menu to get control back.

David J.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(1,096 Views)

Hi David,

Could you provide the subset of your code that exhibits this behavior? If you cannot attach it to a forum post, please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(1,056 Views)

Hi, yes I can.  It's really a pretty simple sequence, but it contains custom step types which won't be present on your setup.  I'm really busy right now with a lab move, everything is in chaos right now but will be set back up on a couple days and I can send it.  But really it just had a wait in between say 8-10 other steps of a custom step type.  It was actually in trace enabled mode when it happened, and the step pointer was sitting on "wait" which was coded for 2 seconds.  In order to get control back I actually had to blow teststand away in windows task manager, I tried multiple times to terminate/abort/kill.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,016 Views)

Hi Dave,

No worries on the delay. Feel free to post your code when you can. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(976 Views)