From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Numeric Format

I have two questions regarding numeric format and precision in TS.

1) I have the format, in report options, set to %.13g. When I return a 0 into TS, TS displays "0" in the report. Is there a way to set this "0" to "0.000..." ?

2) Also, if a function returns a value like .020 seconds. Is there a way to display this in the report as "20" and then I can set the units to "ms"?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,681 Views)

1) The format you want is "%#0.13g"

2) It doesn't look like TestStand supports SI notation.  That would be really cool if it did though.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,677 Views)

So, for your (1) recommendation...would this effect the precision for other actual values display if I change it to "%#0.13g" ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,667 Views)

@TreyB wrote:

So, for your (1) recommendation...would this effect the precision for other actual values display if I change it to "%#0.13g" ?

I'm not sure what you are asking here.  When you set a format for changing to a string or a display, it is only good for that one setting.  The "#0" just says to fill with 0s.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,660 Views)