From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Menu (Source Control)

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to use Source Control for TestStand Sequence and i am not using TestStand Workspace

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,581 Views)

Yes!

Use your SCC (Source Code Control) to check it in and out and treat it like any other binary file.

The only thing using a workspace gives you is the ability to check it in and out from TestStand.  However, this is not necessary to use SCC.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 7
(4,578 Views)

Hi jigg,

Currently i am working only on TestStand Sequence but Source Control Menu items are disabled. How to map my source code which is in clearcase to make checkin and checkout possible from TestStand Itself

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,555 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PalanivelThiruvenkadam

@~jiggawax~ wrote:

The only thing using a workspace gives you is the ability to check it in and out from TestStand.  However, this is not necessary to use SCC.

Please read jigg's post again. You cannot do what you want to do without a workspace.

Hope it helps.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 4 of 7
(4,544 Views)

Which menu items are disabled?  I don't understand which ones you are talking about.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,529 Views)

Untitled.png 

Hi

Please find above snapshot , which i am refering about.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,510 Views)

That menu only works with workspaces and files inside of workspaces and projects.  However, you can still use SCC with standalone sequence files.  You just have to use the interface that is native to your SCC.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,482 Views)