NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand License Restore

Solved!
Go to solution

In a Test PC the motherboard had to be replaced. Now TestStand 3.0 has problem with the license. How do I restore the license to the repaired PC?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,571 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lou1

You can probably just reactivate it. Run the National Instruments License manager and right-click on the teststand license and see if it gives you the option of activating it.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,570 Views)

Doug,

I also have a TestStand License issue. I am completely replacing a controller on a piece of equipment. This equipment is critical to production. The vendor who sent the new controller has already installed TestStand and said I need to transfer the license from the Damaged unit. Is there a way to do this before I pull the old unit out ? I need to plug the new unit in and have it running fast.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,461 Views)

If you can still access the old controller, you could just deactivate the license. You can then use the same serial number and activate on the new controller

Humphrey H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,444 Views)

That is good, Is there a license manager or utility in TestStand.? This is the only unit we have with TestStand. It is always running and we have no opportunity to experiment with it. So TestStand is a totally foreign environment, I have no idea about the interface. I am good with CVI, LabView, and such, but TestStand -no-.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,438 Views)

There should be a National Instruments>>NI License Manager item in your Windows Start menu.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,435 Views)