From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Error Code -18004

In TestStand, I get this error, "Error, LabVIEW: VI was aborted. [Error Code: -18004, An error occured accessing the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine DLL.]

I am using the LabVIEW Run-Time engine as the TestStand adapter and running a modified version of the simple LabVIEW operator interface.

This is an intermittent error; it happens maybe 5% of the time.

I am using TestStand 3.5 and LabVIEW 8.0.1

What is causing this error?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,489 Views)
Hi ab0123,

First try mass compiling the directory that contains the VIs you are trying to run. If you are running our examples, mass compile the whole examples directory.

If this doesn't work, also mass compile the LabVIEW operator interface directory and then rebuilt the executable.

Let me know what happens!

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,464 Views)
Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already done the mass compile of all those directories and the OI has been rebuilt several times.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,448 Views)

Hi ab0123,

Do you see this error in the Sequence Editor as well?

You may also want to mass compile the whole TestStand directory as well as there are VIs that are also called.

Let me know what happens!

Hope this helps!

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,427 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried it with the default simple OI which has been rebuilt using labVIEW 8.0.1, rather than your modified version?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,425 Views)

Hi,

I have rebuilt the simple Labview OI using LV8 and also mass compiled a copy of the demo Computer Motherboard Test seq VI's.

I have set the labVIEW adapter to use the runtime engine.

I have run the sequence file in the OI quite a few times now using the Test UUT's, But I am not seeing your problems.

What environment are you operating your system in?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,420 Views)
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I have not tried to run the sequence file in either the sequence editor or the unmodified simple OI for extended periods of time.  It may be difficult to get an opportunity to run under these environments since the sequence file is running a production test, and the test operators expect to see the familiar OI.

I would suspect the modified simple OI to be the problem since it does not shut down properly once the sequence file has been loaded.  It takes Ctlr-Alt-Del to shut it down.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,388 Views)