From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Deplyment Error- Error: Unable to locate all subVIs from saved VIs because a subVI is missing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am a Systems and Software Engineer based in Vancouver. I developed an automated test system using LabVIEW 2013 and TestStand 2013 with custom operator interface.
I encountered 'missing VIs' problem which is kind of weird because I passed analyzing the sequence for both TestStand Sequence Editor and TestStand Deployment Utility >> Distrubuted Files Tab.
But when I tried building the installer and reaching the point 'Calling distribution VIs, it always throw an error saying 'An error occurred while trying to read the depencies of the VIs, possible because the VIs are not saved in the current version of LabVIEW. Do you want to save any modified now?'. I tried both cases (i.e. Yes and No) for this option but it did not solve the issue.

This is part of the original error message displayed in TestStand Deployment Utility:
" ***************************
While Processing VIs...
Error: Unable to locate all subVIs from saved VIs because a subVI is missing or the VI is not saved in the current version of LabVIEW.
The call chain to missing VIs:
1 - ATE_AccelerometerTest.vi
2 - CreateAndMergeErrors.vi (missing)
3 - LogControl_CheckForErrorSendUpdates.vi (missing) "

All missing VIs are coming from userlib.

Actions Done:
- Analyzed sequence file using TestStand Sequence Editor and TestStand Deployment Utility
- Verified 'Search Directories' include all necessary files/dependencies.
- Mass compile the directory of the missing VIs
- Added all needed files and folders in the workspace file.

The result is still the same based from the actions done.

The last debugging I did earlier is that I tried locating the sequence and steps of missing VIs as mentioned above (e.g. ATE_AccelerometerTest.vi)
and I found out that the step seems to be an empty action step. Would this be possible even if it already passed the analysis?

Other considerations include:

I am using LabVIEW 2013 sp1 and TestStand 2013. We tried building from three (3) computers and we only succeeded once to a freshly-installed comptuer.

Hope to hear from you soon.

With Best Regards,

Michael Panganiban
Systems and Software Engineer
www.synovus.ca
mpanganiban@synovus.ca

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,910 Views)

Hi Michael,

Have you seen this post? Other users have encountered this error before, and it would seem there are a number of troubleshooting steps left that we might be able to explore to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Kristen M

Automated Test Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,880 Views)

Hi Kristen,

Thank you very much. I honestly missed this one and this is a very good information. However, is there any possibility that the deployment (withTestStand 2013 and LabVIEW 2013 SP1) works for some reason? I forgot to mention from my previous post that this is my fourth build to be released to our client. It is just weird that I successfully built three official releases previously and this one did not. I will go for LabVIEW 2013 instead but I am really curious to know if somebody out there who also experienced successful build in TestStand 2013 with LabVIEW 2013 SP1.

Hope someone from NI also give some comments here. Thank you.

With Best Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,837 Views)

Hi,

I would like to follow up the issue I posted here. We are continuously investigating it but any idea from yours will be highly appreciated.

Based from Kirtsten's post, we asked our client to freshly install TestStand 2013 and LabVIEW 2013 then perform a build again.

After the fresh install they were able to replicate the same error we encountered using TestStand 2013 and LabVIEW 2013 SP1.

Hope someone from NI could assist us as well. Thank you.

With Best Regards,

Michael Panganiban

Synovus Solutions Inc.

mpanganiban@synovus.ca

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,792 Views)

Hi,

Please try this.

For the test sequence which contains the VI which gives the error - run the update vi calls  tool ( Tools menu --> Update VI calls) .

You can select the force prototype load option.

Check for the logs for any error while updating.

Once the update is completed try running this particular sequence in LV Runtime or by setting the Adapter to RTE click on the steps which contains this VI.

It should open up.

After that you can try building the deployment.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,783 Views)

Hi Ravi,

I tried the one you suggested but I got the same error.

What I did for the past two days:

I installed TestStand 2014 and LabVIEW 2014 to try some workaround.

All analyses went well and I can run the sequence using TestStand sequence editor (Adapter setting: Development and Run-time) and running using the custom OI (Adapter setting: Dev't and Run-time as well).

However, I got this weird error (-19001), saying that certain files were not located but the VIs were not defined (Refer to image attached). 

I also tried what mentioned in this link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/19F78E0B290BFA63862574F8005A9303

But I did not even see the temporary lvporj file.

Anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,748 Views)

Hi Michael,

Can you expand on any differences that might exist between the computer on which this worked, and the ones that don't?

Regards,

Kristen M

Automated Test Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,723 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mpanganiban

Hi All,

We were able to resolve the issue. First to note is that the release notes in TestStand 2013 is outdated and we confirmed from NI Engineer in Austin that TestStand 2013 works fine with LabVIEW 2013 SP1.

Secondly, we played around TestStand Deployment option that resolved the issue. Attached are the images.

We just enabled the 'Remove Unused VI Components'. It could be one of the libraries (lvlib) we included in the build but we haven't figured it out yet because we verified that all VIs are working. It could be also something else that I think very difficult to find based from the information. However, if anybody experienced the same issue, this could be helpful.

Again, we revert back in using TestStand 2013 and LabVIEW 2013 SP1.

I appreciate any comments and feedbacks. Otherwise, you can close this support request.

Thank you.

With Best Regards,

Michael Panganiban

Download All
Message 8 of 10
(6,684 Views)

Thanks! This solution, and mass compiling of VIs solved my issue.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,323 Views)

gr8

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,906 Views)