NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Deployment: "Save Modified VIs?" problem.

I'm using LV 8.2 and TS 4.0.1f. No other versions of these programs are installed on my computer. I created my TS based program and I want to deploy it on others machines. However, I came accros an unexpected behavoiur during building an instaler. Could you help me with interpretation of that behaviour please?

This is what I did:

1. I mass compiled folder with my TS program. Every VI was linked properly. No errors.

2. The source analysis in deployment was successful as well - no errors or warnings.

3. So why during building (Processing VIs...) the "Save Modified VIs?" info message pops out with the information: "An eror occured while trying to read the dependencies of your VIs; a possible cause for this problem is VIs not saved in the current version of LabVIEW. Would you like to save any modified VIs now?"

Despite the fact that I understand the message I can't link that message to my situation. What has ben changed since the last successful step what was "Analysis Source Files"?

When I clicked "Yes" to confirm the message from point 3, as a result I received a list of VIs which have been changed (almost all my VIs and subVI). Then I clicked "Save" to save them, next I received two (one after one) messages saying:

"The VI Clear Errors.vi has changed on disk since last saved or loaded by LabVIEW. If you load its front panel, it will probably be inconsistent with the parts of the VI already in memory, resulting in a corrupt VI."

I clicked "Cancel" and received an error message window:

"An error occurred. Please refer to the status log for more information." and log says:

"Error: Unable to find all subVIs from saved VIs, either a subVI is missing or the VI is not saved under the current LabVIEW version.
The missing file path is:C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\user.lib\ERRBUILD.VI
 while Processing VIs..."

Could some one explain to me what's going on behind the TS Deployment Utility scene? Why the the Clear Errors.vi had to be changed whilst during mass compiling and the source analysis everything was OK? How can I spot and solve that error?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(5,448 Views)

Hi,

Some VIs / Ctls come from the TestStand support folders so you also have to mass compile the TestStand folders to ensure there are at the same version of LabVIEW.

Can remember what version of LabVIEW VI's and Ctl are at for TestStand 4.0 but there are lower than LabVIEW 8.2. 

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 33
(5,410 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I did mass compiling, however it still becomes with an error.

Regarding to using of mass compiler: I've been advised not to use it a lot. Have a look here.

Message Edited by MimiKLM on 06-08-2009 07:15 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(5,407 Views)

Hi,

It's not a cases of dont but you have to especially in the TestStand installed folders. It's the only why to ensure your TestStand installation is updated with your LabVIEW.

If you had installed LabVIEW first and then installed TestStand then I think you get the option to mass compile the TestStand VI's installed during the installation.

Can you post a simple build that hightlights your problem.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 33
(5,403 Views)

Hi,

Just checked the TestStand manuals and TestStand 4.0 installed VI's are at LabVIEW version 8.0.

I think you said were using LabVIEW 8.2 therefore you will need to mass compile the TestStand installed folders that contain any llbs/VIs used by your test sequence either directly or indirectly. Dont forget the National Instrument/Shared folders as well.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 33
(5,400 Views)
Error: The following VIs or Project Libraries have duplicate names
You must change the names or add them to project libraries:
C:\Program Files\_SupportVIs\whitespace.ctl while Processing VIs...
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb\whitespace.ctl while Processing VIs...
C:\Program Files\_SupportVIs\Trim Whitespace.vi while Processing VIs...
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb\Trim Whitespace.vi while Processing VIs...
C:\Program Files\_SupportVIs\Merge Errors.vi while Processing VIs...
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb\Merge Errors.vi while Processing VIs...
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 4.0\CodeTemplates\User\WATS-MPFT-LabVIEW\labview.vi while Processing VIs...
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 4.0\CodeTemplates\User\WATS-MSVT-LabVIEW\labview.vi while Processing VIs...
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 4.0\CodeTemplates\User\WATS-XMLPFT-LabVIEW\labview.vi while Processing VIs...
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 4.0\CodeTemplates\User\WATS-XYGMNLT-LabVIEW\labview.vi while Processing VIs...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(5,400 Views)

Hi,

You need to make sure whitespace.ctl, Trim Whitespace.vi  are only located in one place

either in

_SupportVIs

or

vi.lib\Utility\error.llb

Either add them in your workspace this will stop them being included in the SupportVIs folder or disable the vi.llb option.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(5,397 Views)

I did it. I renamed three files from _Support VIs folder, successfully mass compiled to re-link them with new location an then I received an error:

Error: Unable to find all subVIs from saved VIs, either a subVI is missing or the VI is not saved under the current LabVIEW version.
The missing file path is:C:\Program Files\_SupportVIs\whitespace.ctl
 while Processing VIs..

It looks like something hasn't been compiled and in spite of mass compiling something still directly reffers to that file in C:\Program Files\_SupportVIs\whitespace.ctl folder.

How to solve it? I have more than 100 VIs to check. How can I get know which of them is reffering to that specified location?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(5,394 Views)

Hi,

You can't just rename it in SupportVIs and expect mass compile to work because in the VI it will still be linked to the original ctrl or VI.

You actually have to be in labview with the VI open thats using that whitespace.ctl then you can save it out as a different named ctrl.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 33
(5,393 Views)

I renamed these three files in _SupportVIs directory to not be recognised by LV. I did it particurally instead of deleting. Doing so, I gave LV a chance to not connect to these duplicated VIs.

I mass compiled LV folder and succesfully build an installer!

However I'm still not sure what was happened.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 33
(5,388 Views)