cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Deployment Error -19000

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello again guys,

After removing a few calls from the TestStand Workspace I managed to build a Deploy version of my application.

However, even this way, the Operator User Interface does not find some of the VIs (like from "My Computer\Name.vi" - Error code -18002).

I really dont know what else I could do.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,747 Views)

Al.B, I believe that your method managed to find the issue.

For some reason, the folder that you pointed me to has 4 folders inside, and each folder has some VIs.

These folders seem to be named as:

VIs for Project 1

VIs for Project 2

VIs for Project 3

VIs for DeploymentProject

The VIs on Project 1, 2 and 3 are mostly different, and the only one that repeats in the three of them is "NI Top Level Library.lvlib", and Project 1 and 3 has a .dll duplicated ("lvanlys.dll", inside a "Support VIs" folder).

However, the DeploymentProject folder has 70 VIs with the same name as the other 3 folders, and does not have 15 that are in the other 3 folders. It also have some more VIs in the"Support VIs" folder (not present in the other folders).

If I try to build this folder as a Packed Library in LabVIEW it will tell me that there are a lot of conflict between VIs naming, and indeed that would happen since the VIs repeat within the folders.

Is this correct? Is there something wrong with my project?

Thanks again for the help!

Observation: Another thing is that our project has more than 3 Projects (as it appears in the given folder)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,741 Views)

An Update:

I was adding the VIs files to the Workspace, and was also using them as calls from the Sequence Files.

After seeing that issue in the folders, I started removing the "import" of the files on the Workspace, and only left the calls on the Sequence Files.

Now, only 2 files are being repeated across the folders, which are:

NI Top Level Library.lvlib

lvanlys.dll

I believe that the .dll wont matter to the LabVIEW but the lvlib might.

I'm currently investigating what makes this file repeat in the folders.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(2,734 Views)

Hello again, sorry for so many replies.

After a while I started wondering why I was using the "Packed Library" instead of normal deployment. I knew that it was due to the fact that the Operator Interface was not finding the VIs for the project, but then again, why would that happen?

I am now trying to build it the other way, without the packed library.

After the build, in the output folder, I have an Installer and an Image folder, and the Image folder has a lot of Projects Folders with a lot of VIs inside. For some reason some of the project folders do not have the VIs in there (after the Deployment process) and therefore when I install it on the Deploy Machine it will not find the required VI (obviously).

So, now I need to discover why the VIs are not being placed inside their respective folders.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(2,715 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GuiDeo

FIXED

Hello again! This time with good news instead of questions.

I managed to find and fix the issue. It was related to the Path of some VIs.

So the structure that I had in my project was as follows:

Spoiler

Main Project Folder

• TestStand Folder
    • Sequence Folder
      • A lot of sequence files in some other folders
    • LabVIEW Projects Folder
      • A lot of LabVIEW projects (with VIs obviously), one inside each folder
  • Scripts Folder
    • LabVIEW_Extra_Project_1 Folder
      • VIs
    • LabVIEW_Extra_Project_2 Folder
      • VIs
    • Scripts
  • Other Folders

This way, the build would fail. For some reason it seems that the LabVIEW_Extra_Projects would not be included into the Packed Library, nor into the VIs folder (if built without the Packed Library option).

I moved them into the "LabVIEW Projects Folder", fixed the calls on the TestStand, and then the build worked, for both Packed Library and Non-Packed Library.

I have already deployed it on a remote Test Machine and everything looks good.

I would like to thank both Friday_the_13th and Al.B. Your inputs led me into investigating the paths and naming of the files deeply.

Thank you!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(2,708 Views)

Hi GuiDeo,

Regarding the non-packed library deployment, a couple thoughts:

1. Are you seeing any errors building the deployment in this case in TestStand Deployment Utility?  
  2. To verify that files are missing (it can be difficult to be sure when there are many VIs), try opening the sequence file in the image directory on the development machine, and check if the sequence is missing code modules if you try to run it.
  3. Are you creating a de[ployment with all of your files or did you remove some parts from the workspace when troubleshooting previously?
  4. do any of your files have the "include without processing item or dependencies" option selected in the distributed files tab?

Regarding the packed library deployment, I will message you with a modified version of the distribution VI files which will provide more error information and instructions for how to set it up.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(2,700 Views)