cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Deployment Error -19000

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to build a Deploy for my TestStand application but I am receiving an error:

-19000 - The library created in the source distribution is not valid. Contact National Instruments for support. The file which was created is:

It does NOT specify the file after the ":"

I have already tried several fixes by looking through the Log generated by the Deployment Engine, but now it is not giving me any relevant information.

If you want to check, the Log is attached (it is a .xml file).

Any help is really apreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,634 Views)

Hi GuiDeo,

What version of TestStand are you using to build this deployment? Are you using any LabVIEW code modules? If so, can you successfully build a source distribution with those VIs? I'd be interested in seeing if any errors are thrown when trying to make a source distribution in LabVIEW.

Jason H
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(5,600 Views)

Hello Friday, thank you for the reply!

I am using TestStand 2014 32-Bits and LabVIEW 2014 32-Bits.

I'm sorry but I believe that I do not really know how to build a source distribution with the LabVIEW Code Modules VIs.

I've just recently started working in the company project which uses NI softwares, and I am not really that familiarized with it. I am not even sure what LabVIEW code modules are.

What I do know is that we have a pretty complex TestStand Workspace/Sequence file which calls a lot of VIs (that are custom made by us) and this VIs DO use some of the VIs which come with the installation of LabVIEW (which I supose would be the Code Modules?). The Sequence file also perform some DLL calls (we developed the DLL).

After that, I am trying to build the Deploy version of this Workspace/Sequence and then I receive the error when trying to create a "Packed Project Library".

I would use this deployment in machines that only have the LabVIEW and TestStand RunTime Engine, with a Operator Interface.

Thank you for your input so far, I hope that you can still help me,

Guilherme Deo.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(5,551 Views)

Hi Friday, thanks for the reply!

I am using TestStand 2014 (32 Bits) and LabVIEW 2014 (32 Bits).

As for the LabVIEW Code Modules, I am not really sure of what they are. I've just recently joined this project in my company, and I'm not really familiarized with NI Softwares. How could I build a distribution with only the Code Modules VIs?

Apart from that, this is what I am doing so far:

We have a pretty complex TestStand Workspace/Sequence file, and this can run OK on our local machines. However, we want to deploy it to some other machines that only have LabVIEW Runtime Engine and TestStand Runtime Engine, with an Operator UI.

When trying to build the "Deployment", if I do not select the option "Output VIs to a Packed Project Library" I can build the Deploy, but it will not the VIs on the "deployed machine".

If I DO select that Packed Project Library option, I receve the error.

We have been trying several new methods to build the Deploy but none have worked so far. I am currently rebuilding a workspace to see if it goes through.

Anyway, thanks for the help so far and I hope you can still help me.

EDIT: By the way, I got one simple VI from our project and created a sequence file with just it in it. That worked when trying to build and deploy.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,572 Views)

You should be able to go back to the LabVIEW project and create a source distribution in the Build Specifications. If TestStand is having an issue building the Source Distribution, it may happen with LabVIEW as well. I'm thinking that LabVIEW may give a different, or more specific, error when building.

Also, what does the file tree look like under the Distributed Files tab? If we don't see the files that are supposed to be in the Packed Project Library, then we probably just need to add everything to the TestStand Workspace before trying to deploy.

Jason H
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,554 Views)

Hello again, sorry for the delayed reply.

So, I believe that the tree under Distributed Files is OK. I checked it and the VIs are there.

I created a new Workspace to test the Deploy, and it gave me the same -19000 error. I found the Library that it created and tried "Mass Compiling" it, and received an error "Access violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x01F2B3C1".

I have several LabVIEW projects which are used on the TestStand, it is not a single one. I will try to create a Source Distribution for every single one of them and see what happens.

Will report back as soon as I end it.

Thanks again!

OBS: One last thought... I am not adding Windows .dlls that are dependencies of the project. Could this be causing an issue with the Packed Library?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,525 Views)

Update: I created another TestStand Workspace which contains only the VIs from the project. There are no .seq files.

The deployment of this Workspace Worked... Does it means that it is an issue with the .seq files of the project?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(5,516 Views)

What Windows DLLs are you calling, and how are you calling them? There are some instances in which TestStand will make copies of those DLL's for deployment, which can cause issues. It depends on whether you are statically or dynamically linking those DLLs. I am still interested, however, in whether or not you are able to directly create a source distribution of all the VIs in LabVIEW rather than TestStand.

Jason H
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(5,498 Views)

Hi GuiDeo,

A little background; the Packed project Library build process works in two stages:

1. TestStand Deployment Utility creates a LabVIEW source distribution of all of the required files which consolidates everything in one location

2, TestStand Deployment Utility creates a new library containing the output of this source distribution, and builds this into the final packed project library

There is a known issue in TestStand Deployment Utility where VIs are not reported if the first stage of building a source distribution is successful, but an error occurs in the second stage.  The source distribution files are saved to the following location:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\TestStand\PPLSD\SourceFiles

Try recreating the Packed Project Library using these steps:

1. create a new project in LabVIEW 
  2. right click my computer, and select New » project library
  3. right click the new library, and select Add » Folder (snapshot), then select the SourceFiles folder above
  4. right click build specifications, and select New » packed project library
  5. add the library as the top level library in the source files tab
  6. Build the packed project library, and see if an error occurs

Regarding your concern about windows DLLs, they will not cause problems because LabVIEW does not include any windows DLLs and assumes they will be present on the target machine.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(5,489 Views)

@Friday

I tried building some of the LabVIEW Projects on LabVIEW and they worked. Have not yet tested all of them. I followed this tutorial:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvhowto/build_source_distrib/

@AI.B

Thanks for the input! I am sure that it will help me a lot!
I will do what you sugested and come back to say what have happened. I did see that it created some kind of library on Documents>TestStand Deployment.

I will be off for the weekend, but I hope that you guys can still help me if this does not fix the issue.

Thank you very much for the help so far!!!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(5,481 Views)