NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Deploy function crashing

Has anyone else seen the TestStand Deployment wizard crash immediately upon launch?  I've inherited a project from another developer in my company, and I'm at the point where I'm trying to build a deployment.  This crashes immediately upon launching the deploy wizard.  This happens both when opening the wizard from the menu and when opening a *.tsd file.  I've tried restarting and reinstalling TS.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I'Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,481 Views)

Hey Seth,

That is an unusual issue. After this dialog appears, do you see any other dialogs indicating that an error report was generated? If not, you can use the instructions in this KnowledgeBase article to obtain a crash dump from the TestStand Deployment Utility. The resulting crash dump will most likely be too large to attach to the forum post, but if you send me a private message I can coordinate with you to transfer the file to us via FTP. I'd be happy to take a look at it to see if it sheds any light on why the issue is occurring.

I'll look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,458 Views)

Hey Daniel,

I do not get any other dialogs, and if I select to debug the problem, it doesn't give me any more information.  I seem to have solved the problem by disabling the source control (Team Foundation Server).

But now I can't get that option to stay set.  So everytime I restart TS, the source control gets set back to Team Foundation Server.  Is this a known bug in TS 2012SP1 or is Configure > Station Options > Source Control Tab not the place to set this?

Thanks,
Seth

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,456 Views)

Seth,

The source control option in the Station Options actually just sets the default source control provider. It's possible that you have source control configured for your workspace as well. If you open your workspace file and navigate to the properties for that file, you will see source control settings in there, as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,444 Views)

Daniel,

Correction, the problem is not solved yet, as the crash is still happening.  I will send you the dmp file soon.

As to the Source Control, I have it set to "<None>" in the workspace I'm using and thankfully, the Source Control setting in the workspace hasn't changed from None, so that isn't a problem.  In order to eliminate the workspace as a possible source of the original problem, I've started doing all my testing on a fresh launch of TS.

The Team Foundation Server selection resets itself even when I just close the options window and re-open it, which is why I'm asking if there's another location to set that setting.  Also, is there a way to uninstall the Source Control option from TS without uninstalling the overall source controlling program?

Thanks,

Seth

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,438 Views)

Seth,

In general, the TestStand source control settings will not have any effect unless a workspace file is open, and only then if the workspace file properties are configured to use source control. I'm not aware of an easy way to remove options from the list of source control providers in TestStand, but I do know that items only appear in the list if the source control provider integrates with the Microsoft SCC interface. For some source control providers, it is necessary to download a separate plugin to integrate with Microsoft SCC. It is possible that uninstalling this plugin would have the desired effect of removing an item from the list of SCC providers in TestStand. Of course, this could also affect integration with other applications.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,428 Views)