NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 3.5 and/or Labview 8.0 released too early?

Two quotes from TestStand 3.5 release notes page 6.
"To use LabVIEW 8.0 with TestStand you must use TestStand 3.5 or later"
next paragraph
"TestStand 3.5 and earlier is not compatible with the LabVIEW 8.0 Real-Time Module.. TestStand 3.5 supports the LabVIEW 7.1.1 Real-Time Module and earlier."
Am I missing something or does this basically amount to if you are useing the LabView 8.0 Real-Time Module you can not use TestStand at all?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,930 Views)

Regarding “To use LabVIEW 8.0 with TestStand you must use TestStand 3.5 or later”, there were many changes in LabVIEW 8.0 that have required significant changes to the LabVIEW Adapter and Deployment Utility.  Therefore, TestStand 3.5 is the only version of TestStand that supports LabVIEW 8.0.  For a list of supported and unsupported features, I would recommend looking at the TestStand 3.5 Release Notes.

Regarding "TestStand 3.5 and earlier is not compatible with the LabVIEW 8.0 Real-Time Module. TestStand 3.5 supports the LabVIEW 7.1.1 Real-Time Module and earlier.", you can use both products independently without any issues. However, you cannot automatically target and download LabVIEW 8.0 VIs to an LabVIEW Real-Time target within TestStand.

There are other methods that can be used to communicate with LabVIEW Real-Time Targets from TestStand.  You could call a local LabVIEW VI that can communicate and execute VIs running on LabVIEW Real-Time targets.

We are interested in learning about your use case and needs with TestStand and LabVIEW Real-Time.  Would you be open for discussions offline regarding your use case? 

Allen P.

NI

Message 2 of 3
(2,913 Views)
Well actually I was just posting my knee jerk reaction, it bothered me that one paragraph said you HAVE to use 3.5 and the next paragraph said you CAN'T.  Whenever you all do an update we have to consider if we should use it or not.  Thanks for the clue about how to use it.  I'm not really ready for a more detailed discussion yet.
Thanks,
Chas
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,900 Views)