NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 3.1 and Perforce 2005.1

I am using TestStand 3.1 with Perforce 2005.1 integrated into Teststand.  When I try closing teststand or saving a workspace it freezes and crashes.  Also, another user created a workspace and when I try and modify or save it it asks for HIS password even though he doesn't have it checked out or anything.  Has anybody used these two together and have any advice?
Thanks,
Brian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,015 Views)
Hi Brian,

There are some issues that have been introduced with the new versions of Perforce and we are working to fix them in future versions.  I am not sure if this is a result of the newer version of Perforce or if there may be something else causing this behavior.  I was hoping that you could give me detailed information of what you are doing step by step as well as what you see happening when you are having the trouble.  The more detail you can give me, the better I can try and reproduce this behavior here.  We are trying to get all the cases that are having conflicts with the newer versions of Perforce so that we can fix these conflicts in future vesions.

Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
Data Management Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,000 Views)
Hi Caroline,

Thanks for the help....

What is happening is when I will try and open a workspace file that has been created by another perforce user in my group it will ask ME for HIS perforce password.  I will try and cancel the password dialog and it will open the workspace file as read only.  When I try closing the file by any method it will crash teststand and the CPU will peg at 100% usage.

I tried to attach the sequence file but its not a valid extension for the forum.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,980 Views)

Hi Brian,

We are currently working on resolving this issue for a future version of TestStand.  The behavior of Perforce has changed between versions of Perforce.  We were incorrectly storing information (that used to be ignored by Perforce) inside the workspace file, rather than a local configuration file.  To temporarily get around this problem, you can open the workspace file inside of a text editor, such as notepad, and remove the following line:

SccDbName = "....."

This will allow you to open the file.  However, when you add this file back to Perforce, you will see the same problem.  We are working to fix this in a future version of TestStand.

Allen P.

TestStand R&D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,973 Views)
Thanks for information Allen.  If we use perforce seperate from teststand will see this same problem?

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,967 Views)
You should not see the problem if you seperate the two.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,961 Views)