From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 3.0 vs. 3.1 Property flags and Sequence Editor Options.

I'm in the middle of trying to convert an application from TestStand 3.0 to 3.1. This application uses a custom UI and a custom process model. I've opened the 3.0 ver of the process model in 3.1 and saved it under a different name(auto conversion). I've run the diff tool on these and it reports no differences. When I look at the 'Single Pass' entry point using edit>>sequence properties>>advanced (General tab)and compare the 2 versions I've noticed that the 3.1 version doesn't have 'K' properties listed (i.e. kIsCachedProperty). I've also opened NI's 3.1 version of SequentialModel.seq and have not found these 'k' properties. Am I missing a sequence editor option somewhere? I've contacted NI about this and they are looking into it. I'm wondering if anyone else had seen this behavior? I'll post NI's answer when I receive it.
Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,625 Views)
To GovBob -
The flags listed with the prefix "k" are internal NI flags that we do not document. And I do not believe that these are saved to disk when a sequence file is saved. These flags should not have been exposed to customer because they just cause questions. They are not accessible via the API either. I believe we just cleaned up the dialog and now hide them. Why are you concerned about these internal NI properties?
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,593 Views)
Scott,
Thanks for the answer. I'm in the midst of rebuilding an application that uses a custom UI and Process model. Going from 3.0 to 3.1. Being fairly new at this i was just comparing the two versions trying to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,588 Views)