NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2016 Property Loader

Hello, 

I'm not very good at TestStand but trying to load config such as FilePath, UserName, ECU name and so on that related to variables. There's are some examples from built in examples but can't modify that easily.

My question is this;

Can I use Property loader such as xls file as not just for limit test?

If I want to load filepath location variable such below sample, shows below error.

<PropertyGroup name='TS config' id='E297FAF9-81C9-4A1E-B736-5D9275880518' description='Load TS normal configs into function'>
<AliasName> <Value>
Locals.FilePath "Z:\\ABCommon\\Automation\\MasterFile\\Pinmap Master_170221).xls"
<PropertyGroup>

--> Error

Details:

Error in Property Loader Source: Source 0
Unable to find alias information for 'Path'.
Alias location is empty. You need to specify the alias location where alias names are stored and retry import.
----------------------------------------
Error Code:

-17500; Operation Failed.
Step 'Property Loader' of sequence 'MainSequence' in 'Sequence File 3'

Not easy to customize Property loader? if then, I shall find another way.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,526 Views)

Can I use Property loader such as xls file as not just for limit test?

=> Yes. You can use property loader to load data for all types of variables.

In the sample you provided, you are using alias names to specify what properties to import. Alias is beautified/decorated name defined by you for a variable in the sequence file. That definition needs to be present in the alias file. In your sample, you have not configured the alias file. Hence, the error (was able to figure this out looking at the error message).

I strongly suggest you to use "Import/Export Properties Tool" (you can access it from the Tool menu) to export and create a property loader source. Once, you have the property loader source, you can modify only the value for the particular variable.

Here is sample that import Locals.FilePath (assuming you already have the variable in the sequence file):

<PropertyGroup name='TS config' id='E297FAF9-81C9-4A1E-B736-5D9275880518' description='Load TS normal configs into function'>
<Category>     <PropertyLookup>       <Value>

{Locals}           FilePath                        Z:\\ABCommon\\Automation\\MasterFile\\Pinmap Master_170221).xls
<PropertyGroup>

Note: I am not using alias in the sample content of property loader source.

Not easy to customize Property loader?

=> If customization means custom file formats, then you can create your own plugin which reads/writes to file. Property loader recognizes the plugin and adds your custom format to import/export.

-Shashidhar

Message 2 of 3
(3,499 Views)

I finally understood how to use property loader function. Realized some limitation but can use this various way of loading config and etc.

Thanks for your support, appreciated it.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,486 Views)