NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2014 freezes when I select a Project Path in a LabVIEW Action call using LabVIEW Runtime 2014

Solved!
Go to solution

In the company I work, we have a solution that uses both TestStand 2014 and LabVIEW 2014.

We work with Development version of both, but we Deploy our automation using TestStand and Labview Runtime engine 2014.

We were trying to deploy a new station, but when analyzing our project, the Teststand User Interface (Deploy version) froze.

I tried several things and decided to install TestStand 2014 and LabVIEW 2014 full version to try and debug the issue.

What I found out is that, when I create a new Sequence in TestStand, add a VI Action and try loading the Project Path, the TestStand freezes if I'm using the Runtime adapter.

If I switch to LabVIEW Development System Adapter in TestStand, it works. However, I need to use the Runtime since it is free while the LabVIEW Development is paid.

We already use our solution in other places, and this is the first time this has ever happened. The only post that I found online that had something to do with this issue is THIS ONE.

If I remove the Project Path and call the VI itself, as "dvu" said in his second post, it works.

However, this is something not good to do in our whole automation, since we have several LabVIEW Calls.

Any ideas about how to make this works with TestStand 2014 Runtime and LabVIEW 2014 Runtime only?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,548 Views)

Hi GuiDeo,

When you say that TestStand freezes, what do you mean by that exactly?  Are you able to minimize it or interact with it any way or do is stuck to the point where you have to end the process?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,472 Views)

I have to end the process... TestStand won't do anything more.

The screen even goes "gray" and shows "Not Responding" on the top.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,462 Views)

Hi GuiDeo,

Could you generate a crash dump of the freeze?  Here is a link to an article on how to generate the dump file in case you aren't sure how to do this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931673

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,435 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GuiDeo

Thanks a lot Stop_Luke_and_Listen, but the guy where the deploy was being made called the NI Support and they couldn't find the issue, so they formatted the PC.

Now it is working fine, so I won't be able to generate the report. That would have been a great idea.

Thanks!

SOLUTION: Format the PC and reinstall.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,431 Views)