NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2014 Operator Interface Examples fail

Solved!
Go to solution

I have tried to run a number of the TestStand 2014 (32 bit) examples that demonstrate the operator interface functionality, such as Handling UI Messages.  When I load and run the .NET operator interface solution found under the example folder I get the following error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was unhandled
HResult=-2147221164
Message=Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {B2794EF6-C0B6-11D0-939C-0020AF68E893} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
Source=NationalInstruments.TestStand.Utility
ErrorCode=-2147221164
StackTrace:
at NationalInstruments.TestStand.Utility.LaunchTestStandApplicationInNewDomain.LaunchHelper(MainEntryPointDelegate entryPoint, MainEntryPointDelegateWithArgs entryPointWithArgs, String[] args)
at NationalInstruments.TestStand.Utility.LaunchTestStandApplicationInNewDomain.Launch(MainEntryPointDelegateWithArgs entryPoint, String[] args)
at TestExec.MainForm.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2014 (32-bit)\Examples\Modifying User Interfaces\Handling UI Messages\DotNet\MainForm.cs:line 284
InnerException:

I have tried rebooting the PC, and also re-installing TestStand 2014 but still get the same error.  I can however, run the Sequence editor and execute sequences in that without errors.  

I am running this on a Windows 7 64 bit installation and executing the runtime interface solution in Visual Studio 2012.  Any ideas on what else to try?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,694 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Jackson

Hi David,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble getting the UI examples to work.  A couple questions to get a better idea what is going on:

1. If you have TestStand 32-bit installed only, ensure that the platform selected for the example solution is x86, then rebuild the solution.

2. Does the simple User Interface example give the same error?  ("<TestStand 2014>\UserInterfaces\Full-Featured\CSharp\TestExec.sln")

3. If you run the TestStand version selector, and select to make TestStand 2014 active (even if it is already active), do you get any errors?  Does the example give the same error after this step?

4. If you have Visual Studio 2010 installed, please test with this version as well since this is the version the examples were developed in.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,674 Views)

Hello Al. B,

Thanks for your reply.  Your first step solved my problem.  It turned out that the build configuration was set to x64 and that rebuilding it as x86 solved the problem. I should have known better!

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,648 Views)

Here is the same question that TestStand(2021 32bit) Operator Interface Examples fail.

However, it can run normally, but can not load the MainForm Layout in the VS2022,

HRESULT:0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,044 Views)

Hi, Leo:

I think you can try VS2017  to load the MainForm Layout.  then you will find there is no error reported ^_^

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,009 Views)

Yes, thanks. Tried in VS2015 is also fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(806 Views)