NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2013 ships with invalid SQL scripts

The scripts that TestStand include that correspond to the default schema are located in the following directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2014\Components\Models\TestStandModels\Database\".

There are known limitations in the scripts that TestStand generate based on the selected schema in the DatabaseOptions dialog box. I believe the known issues list for TestStand make reference to this issue. I would recommend using the default ones in the above directory instead.

The default schemas define "Statements" nodes in the dialog by the names of "STEP_NUMERICLIMIT1" and "STEP_NUMERICLIMIT1" but the Command Text for each of them instruct the logger to operate on the Prop_Result and Prop_NumericLimit.tables respectively, so there are no tables by the name of "STEP_NUMERICLIMIT1" and "STEP_NUMERICLIMIT2"

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(770 Views)

"validate" scema  from database options reports several warnings re the stored procedures when you use the scripts that ship with TestStand 

additionaly, when you execute a sequence in TestStand 2014 SP1  that logs to the database,  you  get the error described in

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/stored-procedure/m-p/2588359/highlight/true#M43262

This is what led me to believe that the scripts may not be creating all the tables correclty 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(751 Views)

Did you create the tables and procedures using the following script:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2014\Components\Models\TestStandModels\Database\SQL Server Create Stored Proc Result Tables.sql

If not I would recommend trying that next. You can use the SQL Server Drop Result Tables.sql script to delete the current version of any of those tables.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(695 Views)