NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2013 install error

when I try to install TestStand 2013, I got a window as the  picture showed below, and I can't go on. My system is win7 sp1.

无标题.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,884 Views)

Hey hm7,

I think we're going to need to get a bit more information to have an idea of what might be going wrong with the installation. We have a KnowledgeBase article describing how to get a detailed error log of software installation here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB597E885DB7D16B86256E92006DB232?OpenDocument

Specifically, if you open a command prompt window and navigate to the location of your installer, the command will look something like this:

setup.exe /log C:\setupLog.txt

If you could run the setup again with that command, it will generate a log file that you can attach to your reply. If we examine that file, we can hopefully figure out what is happening here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,863 Views)

Thanks for your help. I got an error message

"MetaInstaller: Started MetaInstaller version 3.2.0.351: Tue Nov 26 09:08:07 2013
MetaInstaller: Called with command-line: /log d:\setuplog.txt
MetaInstaller: ***Progress Info*** Start: InitializeSystemWideLog. Tue Nov 26 09:08:07 2013
MetaInstaller: ERROR! Unknown ErrorMetaInstaller exiting Tue Nov 26 09:08:12 2013. Returning -1"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,802 Views)

Hey hm7,

Have you previously had any versions of TestStand installed on the machine? And do you have any other NI software on the machine or did you have any installed previously? Finally, did you get your installer from a CD, from our website, or from a TestStand deployment? I haven't yet been able to find any references to this error occurring previously, but I will keep searching, and will look forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,786 Views)