cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2013 error 80004005

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey Keith,

I am the one who sent you the message with information on getting the crash dumps to us. I just re-sent the message. Usually, the forum will send you an email with a link to the message, but if not, you should be able to click on your profile on the upper-left of your screen and see your private messages on there.

Let me know if you still have trouble reading the message, and we'll figure out another approach.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,789 Views)

Also, please send both dump files.

Thanks,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,779 Views)

Hi Doug,

I've just uploaded the earlier dump file; hopefully they will give you some clues.

Best Regards

Keith

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,768 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,762 Views)

Hi Doug,

Your reply appears to be empty.

Best Regards

Keith

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,756 Views)

Ok, I was able to determine the cause from the first dump. The access violation is occurring because the PATH environment variable no longer exists which is causing TestStand to unexpectedly get a NULL pointer when calling the C runtime function getenv("PATH").

It is extremely unusual for the PATH environment variable to not exist. Is your code or code you are calling removing the PATH environment variable? Is this on purpose? If so, can you set it to something harmless rather than removing it?

Hope this helps,

-Doug

Message 16 of 18
(2,750 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Keith_Fuller

Hi Doug,

What a star player! - brilliant; it fixed it even without a re-boot.

I am eternally grateful for all the help you guys have given.

Have a great weekend and if we should ever meet I'll buy a round of frothy lemonades.

Best Regards

Keith

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(2,734 Views)

Glad I could help. We will likely fix this in a future version so that it will work even if there is no PATH environment variable. Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(2,722 Views)