NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2012 .net assemblies load once successfully than fail on second loop searching the wrong directory

Hi,

I've been  through this issue since almost 2 days and 

I'm fed up not getting to a solution.

Here is the problem :

My client has Proligent installed in the Sequential_Modal which is a .NET call (.net 2.0 and 3.5) that is placed after the main sequence call but within the UUTs loop.
My DLL (.net 4.0) which provide statistical data to the end user which is located in the Main sequence within the UUT Loop of the Sequential_Modal loads ReportViewer and WinForms assemblies from the GAC.

When I skip the proligent .net call, everything work as expected but when I run it normally, the first time it works because my .net call gets hit before the Proligent .Net call and the second loop, I get this error :

An exception occurred inside of the call to .NET member 'ShowFPYChartInfos':
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=fr, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
File name: 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=fr, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\B11001\Soft\Application\Proligent\TestStand Proligent Bridge\Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources.dll' or one of its dependencies. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
File name: 'file:///C:\B11001\Soft\Application\Proligent\TestStand Proligent Bridge\Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources.dll'
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
at Averna.TestStandProligentDataBridge.Extractor.currentDomain_AssemblyResolve(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args)
at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = VTHFCT1B\administrator
LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = C:\B11001\Soft\Application\Proligent\TestStand Proligent Bridge\Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources.dll
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files/National Instruments/TestStand 2012/Bin/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===
LOG: This bind starts in LoadFrom load context.
WRN: Native image will not be probed in LoadFrom context. Native image will only be probed in default load context, like with Assembly.Load().
LOG: No application configuration file found.
LOG: Using host configuration file:
LOG: Using machine configuration file from c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/B11001/Soft/Application/Proligent/TestStand Proligent Bridge/Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.resources.dll.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalGetSatelliteAssembly(String name, CultureInfo culture, Version version, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GetSatelliteAssembly(CultureInfo lookForCulture, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Dictionary`2 localResourceSets, Boolean tryParents, Boolean createIfNotExists, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo requestedCulture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.FillResources(CultureInfo culture, ResourceSet& resourceSet)
at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.FillResources(CultureInfo culture, ResourceSet& resourceSet)
at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.ApplyResources(Object value, String objectName, CultureInfo culture)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.RSParams.InitializeComponent()
at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.RSParams..ctor()
at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportViewer.InitializeComponent()
at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportViewer..ctor()
at Trilliant_Centrica_ConfigUpdate.FPY_Chart.InitializeComponent() in C:\Users\ebonneau.VARITRON\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SMALL_REQUESTS\Trilliant_Centrica_ConfigUpdate\Trilliant_Centrica_ConfigUpdate\FPY_Chart.Designer.cs:line 31
at Trilliant_Centrica_ConfigUpdate.FPY_Chart..ctor() in C:\Users\ebonneau.VARITRON\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SMALL_REQUESTS\Trilliant_Centrica_ConfigUpdate\Trilliant_Centrica_ConfigUpdate\FPY_Chart.cs:line 18
at Trilliant_Centrica_ConfigUpdate.OnTheFly_Stats.ShowFPYChartInfos() in C:\Users\ebonneau.VARITRON\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SMALL_REQUESTS\Trilliant_Centrica_ConfigUpdate\Trilliant_Centrica_ConfigUpdate\OnTheFly_Stats.cs:line 39

I can notice that the searching directory is the folder of the Proligent .net Assembly and not the GAC.

I Tried reinstalling Teststand and Proligent and it didn't work.

I compared the station to another identical WORKING station using the same things and no difference at all.

I can't seem to figure out what is the root cause of this behavior, can someone help?

Thanks

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,416 Views)