NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test status from operator interface

Hi,
I am using C# operator interface to execute a test stand sequence.I need to change test status LED colurs for each step as follows.

Grey- Step not started
Yellow- Step under progress
Green-Step sucessfully completed
Red- Step fail

How can I implement this?
Can I read local variables  in test stand from operator interface and update status LEDs? Which API to be used for this?
Kindly suggest..

Regards

SajK

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,743 Views)
Hi SajK,

Are you referring to the LEDs in the List Bar on the left hand side of the OI that is associated with a particular sequence?

If so, the functionality you want to modify is controlled by the ExecutionViewMgr, and is read only. In order to change the way in which those icons are determined / displayed, you would need to disconnect the ExecutionViewMgr from the Listbar. However in doing this, you'd also be losing the automated functionality such as the display messages, displaying multiple executions at the same time, etc. In essence, you would have to re-invent a lot of features that the ExecutionViewMgr takes care of for that List bar.

An easier, although slightly more work-around-ish option, is to simply change the icon files that TestStand is using for the various states.
All of these icon files can be found here:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.x\Components\NI\Icons\NI_UIControls

You could simply change, for example, "ExecFailed.ico" to a solid red led, and TestStand would grab that on execution.
That would be the easiest way.

Hope this helps SajK, have a good one.

Dan Weiland
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
Dan Weiland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,715 Views)