NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Stand Switch Executive string

I am trying to drive Switch Executive using batch mode in Test Stand (2.0). I can select the 'route to connect' from the switching panel in Test Stand and this drives the Switch Executive route correctly. However I wish to set the 'route to connect' using a string variable as I need to change this variable during batch mode. When I set the string variable to the matching route and put this in the 'route to connect', the required switch route fails to operate. 
Why is this; does Switch Executive require something other than a string, or does it require another special character added to the string for it conform to what Switch Executive requires?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,867 Views)

Hi,

I think from your description you're passing in the string

fred

instead of the string

"fred"

i.e. you local variable, or wherever the route to connect string is coming from needs to have the " 's included aswell

Hope that helps

Thanks

Sacha Emery National Instruments (UK)

Predefined

Using a Local Variable

Message Edited by SachaE on 12-11-2006 09:56 AM

Message Edited by SachaE on 12-11-2006 09:57 AM

// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,833 Views)

Thanks for replying, although it is not the answer.

The problem is that Test Stand has been misleading me. I created a local string variable which was then assigned the required string during the pre-expression of step that I was using for the Switch Executive. It seems Test Stand does not evaluate the pre-expression of the step before the switching in the step. Test Stand evaluates the pre-expression after the switching in the step.

This caused my local variable which was initially empty to be sent to Switch Executive which was ignored and did not come up with any error message! My pre expression of the step was then evauated after the switching (which was not what I was expecting).

I have found out since that using an Ivi switch step instead, the pre expression does evaluate before the Ivi switching. I think Test Stand/ Switch executive could do with some documentation on this.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,825 Views)

Hi,

your right, see Scott's answer to query http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=9762&query.id=94081#M9762

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,820 Views)