NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Socket Batch Index non 0

Using TestStand 12 sp1, batch model.

Is there a simple way yet of having the Test Socket index to start at 1 in the GUI (rather than the inexplicable 0), along with the Test Socket index in the report?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,362 Views)
I'm guessing that you aren't a programmer as most languages use 0 as the first index. Numerous reasons that go back to some of the original programming languages. Google it if you are interested in the history.

For the GUI, you need CVI to edit the source code and just add one to the statement that writes to the screen.

I'm not sure about the report. I don't have the latest version of TestStand.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,355 Views)

I am a programmer but when you connect hardware to your test system you always start from 1 (as 0 does not exist).

I have an old version of cvi (ver 6 I think); is it possible to use this; if so how?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,346 Views)
There is a CVI project for the GUI and the modelsupport dll that is created. I think 6 is to old.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,341 Views)

modelsupport2 is unrelated to the UI.  You do not need CVI for the UI.  The UI is written in 5 different languages, all of which you have the source code for with TestStand: LabVIEW, CVI, C#, VB.NET, C++.

However, modelsupport2 is related to the reporting and you will need CVI to change it if you need to.  Look at NI_ReportGenerator.seq plugin to see how the reports are being generated.  Or you can just create your own reporting plugin in your own language.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,337 Views)

I may have misunderstood... which GUI are you talking about?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,336 Views)
I took it to mean the batch gui, not the main one.
Message 7 of 9
(5,328 Views)

I guess without a newer version of Cvi then it cannot be done.

I don't suppose anyone out there has got a modified batch gui (modelsupport2) that indexes from slot 1 rather than slot 0?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,253 Views)
I've got one somewhere but there were considerable changes to other parts to match customized batch and parallel process models. I'm sure it would it would crash.

I always considered that the developer suite was essential. This includes CVI. You might want to consider an upgrade.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,241 Views)